• July 18, 2018, 01:12:54 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ideas for expansion/additions to Sicha's apple shop  (Read 938 times)
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:26:05 AM »

Dear Sichae and others, I like the Sichae's apple shop very much. I find it a pitty that I can't find apples in the forest or earn an apple from your shop. I was thinking of the following expansions or additions:

1: an apple orchard: Sicha threathens me with a knife, because she thinks I stole an apple from her (when I buy a blue apple). But why don't you make this possible? In the online arena module I can enter the garden of a witch. But what if there's a random event in the forest in which  I can enter a walled fruit orchard with several kinds of apple trees in it? This offers several options:
a: the player simply steals an apple (let player chose action, not automated action): Sichae finds out and punishes you: some bad alignment, lose some hitpoints;
b: player sees Sichae at work and asks politely if he/she can get an apple. Sichae tells you that you can earn an apple by helping her (spend x turns) or by finding an extremely rare apple seed for golden apples. If player accepts this, the admin can chose: or an apple voucher so that player can buy same number of apples (as if player hadn't bought some already that day) or Sichae simply tosses an apple to player (same results as if player had bought one in the shop).
c: player steals an apple and Sichae donesn't notice it. player gets some bad alignment and apple delivers same result as if player had bought one in shop.

2: an apple orchard (not as event in forest but as option in the shop:
Sichae shows you her apple orchard and tells you she always can use some help in the orchard. If you help, you lose some turns (like in industry park) but you earn an extra apple.

3: Sicha has a bad day:
Sicha looks not pleased and if player asks why, she tells you:
a:  she's trying to ??produce a new kind of apples: golden apples. She knows they exist, but she didn't manage it to grow the tree: crossing kinds doesn't result in the golden apple. She tells you in country far away the trees with golden apples are available, but she hasn't the seeds for growing them. If you accept the quest to fetch some seeds for her, she'll promises you some extra apples when you return with the seeds.

b: she found out someone stole one of her newly created golden apples. She asks you to guard the garden and find out who stole the apple. If player accepts and can find out who stole the golden apple (and even retrieve it), player also get a reward.

I don't know if these additions/expansions are possible nor if you are interested? I also don't know if Sichae himself is still active on the website and coding for lotgd?

Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 07:50:42 AM »

Dear Sichae and others, I like the Sichae's apple shop very much. I find it a pitty that I can't find apples in the forest or earn an apple from your shop. I was thinking of the following expansions or additions:

1: an apple orchard: Sicha threathens me with a knife, because she thinks I stole an apple from her (when I buy a blue apple). But why don't you make this possible? In the online arena module I can enter the garden of a witch. But what if there's a random event in the forest in which  I can enter a walled fruit orchard with several kinds of apple trees in it? This offers several options:
a: the player simply steals an apple (let player chose action, not automated action): Sichae finds out and punishes you: some bad alignment, lose some hitpoints;
b: player sees Sichae at work and asks politely if he/she can get an apple. Sichae tells you that you can earn an apple by helping her (spend x turns) or by finding an extremely rare apple seed for golden apples. If player accepts this, the admin can chose: or an apple voucher so that player can buy same number of apples (as if player hadn't bought some already that day) or Sichae simply tosses an apple to player (same results as if player had bought one in the shop).
c: player steals an apple and Sichae donesn't notice it. player gets some bad alignment and apple delivers same result as if player had bought one in shop.

2: an apple orchard (not as event in forest but as option in the shop:
Sichae shows you her apple orchard and tells you she always can use some help in the orchard. If you help, you lose some turns (like in industry park) but you earn an extra apple.

3: Sicha has a bad day:
Sicha looks not pleased and if player asks why, she tells you:
a:  she's trying to ??produce a new kind of apples: golden apples. She knows they exist, but she didn't manage it to grow the tree: crossing kinds doesn't result in the golden apple. She tells you in country far away the trees with golden apples are available, but she hasn't the seeds for growing them. If you accept the quest to fetch some seeds for her, she'll promises you some extra apples when you return with the seeds.

b: she found out someone stole one of her newly created golden apples. She asks you to guard the garden and find out who stole the apple. If player accepts and can find out who stole the golden apple (and even retrieve it), player also get a reward.

I don't know if these additions/expansions are possible nor if you are interested? I also don't know if Sichae himself is still active on the website and coding for lotgd?

Best, WW

Sounds like what you suggest is an entire rewrite of the module.  I do not think Chris Vorndran is coding for LOTGD anymore.  This suggestion appears to be far more involved than I feel like attempting.  I am still in the process of testing things for my eventual transition to a 1.1.2 site for my live game.  Several new things have been done there.  I just released one of those modules last night, and another is coming here shortly, it appears to be just about fully tested out and working.  This...as I said...appears more involved than I personally am willing to become...partly due to time constraints, and partly due to the fact that this is not my original module, and I am not all that hip to making MAJOR "improvements" to other people's modules, normally, unless it also serves another purpose I am trying to accomplish on my own site, like my own personal overhaul of the Mayor's House, originally done by Robert.  Most of what I did is site-specific, and much of what I did is hard-coded so it would not plug-and-play, but anyone who wants a look at that is free to contact me.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »

So as conclusion of this bickering: adding what I suggested to Sichae's apple shop is a total overwhaul of this module? This was not what I intended. Crazy Audrey is both available in the village and as a random forest event. In village you have to pay for playing with the dogs, in forest it seems playing with them is for free. I hoped to make Sicha's apples also available in the forest as kind of reward; or give the player the possibility to help Sicha =bad day option or orchard option. I wonder if Chris Worndran and Sichae are the same persons; if I search for Sichae I find a list of modules that seems to differ from these of Mr. Worndran. And I'm curious what he's thinking about this. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
30 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search