• July 18, 2018, 01:29:14 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Equipment shop dosen't save  (Read 743 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »

Your welcome.

Am wondering how this works in terms of...well, the traditional specialties, you gain a point at every master defeat.  This one...do you only gain points when you USE the specialty?  And do these points carry across a dragonkill so that you can become very powerful with a given Specialty, using it often enough??

Also...some specials like in the villages...can give you like an extra Specialty point...how do these specialties react with that?
ChesireCat
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »

Modules like foliwench and others don't directly work with this mana system.
I think this dosen't use specialty uses, it uses a mana system and a leveling system so modules made to work with normal specialties  wont work with it

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 03:23:33 PM »

Modules like foliwench and others don't directly work with this mana system.
I think this dosen't use specialty uses, it uses a mana system and a leveling system so modules made to work with normal specialties  wont work with it

What I had in mind was to change the name of this to, say, Magic.php so that it does not conflict with mana.php I already have in.
And then just try it out.

The incrementation works with Aelia's mana specialties a little different than the normal specialties work...but it DOES work with them...was wondering if same held true with these.

One way to find out, I guess!!

I just am thinking in terms of another system of magic/specialty that could be used...might be sorta fun.  If it works right I might convert other specialties to this system and still leave the Aelia mana specialties in play too.

Just trying to figure out, since I have a test server...what is actually possible.

Just playing around with this now, wondering, in the skillseditor, under type...do you use the name of the specialty or the two-letter ocde, for example, would I put "forbiddenarts" in there or "FA"

Just curious.

Do not know if I am gonna keep this or not, just want to see how it works.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:06:00 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:25 PM »

This system DOESN'T play nice with things like foilwench, etc.

See, the Aelia mana things, they DO pay nice...this one does not.

Your mana abilities go up on things like foilwench ONLY when you have selected a mana-type specialty.

THIS module...even if you have selected a Specialty that is NOT one of the mana/magic specialties that are handled by this module, it STILL gives you a magic point and I don't want it to.

I can't figure any way to make it NOT do this, either.

I tried setting an if statement, it was ignored.  I tried setting a boolean pref for enabled yes/no, the pref would never show up in the user editpr.

I give up.  This is not worth it if it isn't gonna play nice with the other modules...looked promising but it don't play nice so bye bye.

Unless someone could help me make it play nice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
40 Guests, 0 Users