• June 19, 2018, 11:02:26 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creature AI in Creature Database  (Read 2428 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:50:57 PM »

OK...so on my test server, that runs 1.1.2 there was a column in my creature database called 'creatureaiscript' which did not exist on 1.1.0

Totally have no idea what you use this for...but that is not my question here.

I was a bit lazy, and did not want to re-create all my unique monsters from my live site 1.1.0 - so what I did was drop the table from the 1.1.2 site and then imported the table from the 1.1.0 site

That seemed to work, but then I could no loner use the Creature Editor to add new monsters, I got an error about the missing column.

So using the info from the error, I created a column in the database for this and now it all works again.

My question...what is the structure of the column 'creatureaiscript' in a normal install?

For now I set it up as a VARCHAR with 120 characters, NULL by default and using latin1_swedish_ci collation....because that is how most of the other similar columns appeared to be set up.

It works, and I get to add creatures to my database using Creature Editor again.

But I'd like to actually have the correct structure on this column.  Do I have it right, or is there anything I need to change?

Again, I do not even know what you use this column FOR.
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:38:18 AM »

OK...so on my test server, that runs 1.1.2 there was a column in my creature database called 'creatureaiscript' which did not exist on 1.1.0

I was a bit lazy, and did not want to re-create all my unique monsters from my live site 1.1.0 - so what I did was drop the table from the 1.1.2 site and then imported the table from the 1.1.0 site

That seemed to work, but then I could no loner use the Creature Editor to add new monsters, I got an error about the missing column.

So using the info from the error, I created a column in the database for this and now it all works again.

My question...what is the structure of the column 'creatureaiscript' in a normal install?

For now I set it up as a VARCHAR with 120 characters, NULL by default and using latin1_swedish_ci collation....because that is how most of the other similar columns appeared to be set up.

It works, and I get to add creatures to my database using Creature Editor again.

But I'd like to actually have the correct structure on this column.  Do I have it right, or is there anything I need to change?

The column type is normally Text, you have the rest correct.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:26:49 AM »

Thanks, I will fix that.

Now, what is this AI actually used FOR??
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:09:58 AM »

Thanks, I will fix that.

It is used for attaching a custom script to the creature, giving the creature buffs etc.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:31:31 AM »

Thanks, I will fix that.

It is used for attaching a custom script to the creature, giving the creature buffs etc.

OOK...totally curious, then...would it be possible to use that, for example...to have a creature only attack male players?  Or only female players?  Or only a specific race...or to not attack a specific race?

Wondering kinda what the possibilities are here...
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 05:55:31 AM »

Searching "Creature AI" in the search here will bring up more information and possibilities.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:06 AM »

Searching "Creature AI" in the search here will bring up more information and possibilities.

I did that.  I did not see anything there that was like I am looking to do.

ideally, I'd make several possibilities as scripts and then just reference the script in the AI

But wondering if we can make a creature stop attacking...when they realize the one they are fighting is a male or a female or an Elf or whatever.

It seems the AI only fires at the end of an attack round, so you would always have one attack round regardless.
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:46:02 AM »

I did that.  I did not see anything there that was like I am looking to do.

ideally, I'd make several possibilities as scripts and then just reference the script in the AI

But wondering if we can make a creature stop attacking...when they realize the one they are fighting is a male or a female or an Elf or whatever.

It seems the AI only fires at the end of an attack round, so you would always have one attack round regardless.

You didn't look hard enough. There is plenty of information about them here, we can help you out but we can't babysit you every step along the way, you have to make the effort to look around.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:52:33 AM by Brendan » Logged
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »

Thanks, I will fix that.

OOK...totally curious, then...would it be possible to use that, for example...to have a creature only attack male players?  Or only female players?  Or only a specific race...or to not attack a specific race?

You asked that question here before.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 09:22:29 AM »

Thanks, I will fix that.

You asked that question here before.

Thanks.  You are right.  I lost track of that thread...thanks for calling it to my attention again.  I am gonna bookmark that or something, LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
51 Guests, 0 Users