• October 17, 2018, 02:28:03 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Total Curiosity re: Templates  (Read 904 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »

I was sorta wondering...if one could force a specific template for certain towns in the game..regardless of the player preference settings.

What I had in mind was several different versions of, say, the jade template...but different background colors....themed to the various towns in my realm...so that, for example, the vampire town could be in red, the dead city in blacks, the elf village in green, and so on.

Would there be any way to accomplish this?

I know you would have to do something in the race modules to make it happen, but what?

TBH, I do not quite understand how to do different background colors in templates, anyway.  Just for giggles, I changed the hex on the background color in jade...and that worked although the left hand navigation bar stayed jade when I did that.  When I tried to make a total brand new file, by just copying everything in Jade...the html, the css and the file folder....and then just changing the hex on the background color...and changing "jade" everywhere for my own file name...I got...JADE.  Same thing with no difference...even though I had changed the hex codes.

I just want a number of different templates all following the Jade template, but in different colors.  How can I accomplish this?

Would have thought changing the hex codes would do it...but it doesn't get me there.

Basically, I am ticked off, because I like, for example, the violet template...but a lot of the color appo codes do not work in that one.  I added them at the end of the violet css stylesheet, right from a copy/paste of the ones at the end of the jade css stylesheet, and still no soap.

Just want to afford more background color options.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:33:39 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »

Yes. See how the code changes the template when you change your preferences or do it from the homepage.

Then: If location equals the one you want, set template to location-specific one.

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »

Yes. See how the code changes the template when you change your preferences or do it from the homepage.

Then: If location equals the one you want, set template to location-specific one.

So you would do that in the race files, though??

Still trying to figure out how to get different colors of the same basic jade layout.

Just changing the hex codes...did not get me where I needed to be.

I changed hex code for background in the css on jade, for giggles...and got that to change, but the left-side nav bar still had to old color...and then when I replaced all hex codes, I got...jade all over again...it was weird as hell.  I am not sure I understand how to get where I want.

I can get the background and the right nav bar to change, but not the left nav bar or a bunch of the outlining.  It's weird.

I am not sure where to change all the hex codes?

MODIFY:  Think I found something I could use...a hex codes generator, where I can look up all the hex codes and find out which ones are green....and generate suitable colors to replace them maybe.

Nope...did not help.  The left navigation bar is still the color I do not want.  I have no idea how to tell what to change to make that background change.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:30:40 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:20:04 AM »

A lot of the colors, outlines etc are made up of images, you will see that within the template's folder.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 06:28:39 AM »

A lot of the colors, outlines etc are made up of images, you will see that within the template's folder.

So I would need to alter the things in that folder to the colors I want???

Just weird that the left-side navigation bar would be handled in this way.
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »

Keep in mind most of these templates were made nearly 15 years ago, standards have changed, the templates haven't.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »

Keep in mind most of these templates were made nearly 15 years ago, standards have changed, the templates haven't.

True...I am finding a little weirdness i what I am trying to do.

OK...so what I actually have in mind...is having a few areas give a different template than the main areas.

It looks like the place to do this might be in prefs.php

I can have it look for the user location and make it use that template if they are in that area.  And revert back to the players' normal chosen template when they leave the special area.

Here is what I had in mind, if you can get what I am doing...or trying to do...

I utilize The Desert...and I also copied that file and made another area called The Tundra (which is attached to ice town specifically on my test server...and it does work, LOL)

But I wanted to have a different skin come up when you are in certain places, for example, The Desert or Tundra...as well as the Dark Alley, the Gardens, and maybe Lonny's Castle

Just trying to add a little pizazz, basically.

The way I think I may need to do it in prefs is to have it check your location and if it matches, then your skin becomes the desired skin (first saving your chosen skin in a temp variable - so that when you leave the special area, your skin reverts back to player's chosen skin...creating the effect of just these specific areas - having a unique skin from other areas in the game.

Am I on the right track here??
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 09:09:51 PM »

GRRRilla Ninja's Slider template is a good example of a modern update for templates, it's what FK uses (with some personal changes).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:12:22 AM by Aeolus » Logged

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:19 AM »

Ender's Slider template is a good example of a modern update for templates, it's what FK uses (with some personal changes).

Had a look.  That is one wicked-assed template!!

Just not a huge fan of black...

Wondering if we might prevail upon your awesomeness to create some templates more suited to 1.1.2 for testing...I can test them on my test server if you wish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
37 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search