• September 19, 2018, 02:30:52 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: automated notebook in backpack?  (Read 545 times)
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »

Dear I am playing on 2 websites. On one of them notepath is available. But I suppose this notepath is not available on all sites. Therefore I think an automated notebook would be handy for having in the backpack. Eventually the player has to click on a button (note this down in notebook" or something like that. Why this idea: I asked for rumors to the bar keep in a city, he told me something about going to Mageville to slay a Hydra or something, but the exact rumor I can't remember. When I go back to the same bar keeper he tells me off to go to the city but not what I must look for. A quest is fantastic, certainly when the game remembers the quest. But in every story I read the hero is remembered of the goal of the quest, can ask for help etc. I don't want to ask for help over here, of course not. But I suppose I had to note the info down in the notepath application on the game. But I was not used with that. So, an automated notebook or something like that would be helpfull for games without notepath functionality and for empty-headed players with me, who are constantly getting lost. Just a suggestion. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »

Dear I am playing on 2 websites. On one of them notepath is available. But I suppose this notepath is not available on all sites. Therefore I think an automated notebook would be handy for having in the backpack. Eventually the player has to click on a button (note this down in notebook" or something like that. Why this idea: I asked for rumors to the bar keep in a city, he told me something about going to Mageville to slay a Hydra or something, but the exact rumor I can't remember. When I go back to the same bar keeper he tells me off to go to the city but not what I must look for. A quest is fantastic, certainly when the game remembers the quest. But in every story I read the hero is remembered of the goal of the quest, can ask for help etc. I don't want to ask for help over here, of course not. But I suppose I had to note the info down in the notepath application on the game. But I was not used with that. So, an automated notebook or something like that would be helpfull for games without notepath functionality and for empty-headed players with me, who are constantly getting lost. Just a suggestion. Best, WW

My site has a separate notebook.  But the player has to open it up and manually add whatever they want.

I honestly do not see how you do it any differently.

I also have a Stats Book...and this one lists quests and things so that you know where you are in various quests...it's custom to my site.  A lot of hardcoded stuff that make it useless as a plug-and-play it simply would not work out of the box on another site.

It might be better if you had specific examples of the sorts of things you want saved...and see if the coders of those modules can find a way to make that possible somehow.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:02:21 AM »

ah, that's where that stats book is for. Quests aren't available on the other game, unfortunately. I will buy one when I'm logged in =stats book. But I used the notepath for pasting the potion recipes in. I read elsewhere the recipe will appear in a potion book after the potion was brewed correctly. I find this a strange way of thinking. But htanks for the info.  One thing I would note in such a book would be the rumors that lead to a quest, if I asked Elendir where to find a certain seed for the fruit orchard, I could ask it again or have it noted in that automated notebook. That are examples of things I would like to have in that notebook I talked about. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

ah, that's where that stats book is for. Quests aren't available on the other game, unfortunately. I will buy one when I'm logged in =stats book. But I used the notepath for pasting the potion recipes in. I read elsewhere the recipe will appear in a potion book after the potion was brewed correctly. I find this a strange way of thinking. But htanks for the info.  One thing I would note in such a book would be the rumors that lead to a quest, if I asked Elendir where to find a certain seed for the fruit orchard, I could ask it again or have it noted in that automated notebook. That are examples of things I would like to have in that notebook I talked about. Best, WW

You are always able to go back and ask Elendir about seeds.  He will tell you.  And yes, after being brewed correctly, the potion recipes do show up in a potion book you can access from your own bio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
42 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search