• December 18, 2018, 09:05:51 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions for new modules: find bezoar and pages/books/newspapers  (Read 2708 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »

Well, I surely can live with this concept, but I would also let the user use the bezoar as a ??joker or wildcard when he/she is trying his/her luck in a risky situation: the Sicilian with his poisoned wine challenge (or another simular challenge) but the medicin man is also a good one to add. A bezoar is not the same as a horcrux (already available on hl) =alifesafer that will rez you when dying, obtaining a horcrux happens when you're bad and killed 5 players in pvp. So, if someone of you want to make this bezoar module and eventually other modules in which the bezoar can be used, and you need some scenario's besides the ones that are suggested over here, you can send me a private message and we can discuss this further in private messages. And what about the collecting pages thing to compose newspaper, magazines and books for a personal library or a clan library that could be of any help for the user (or clan)? Best, WW

If you wanted your putative Bezoar to be usable in several modules, I'd recommend making the Bezoar using the Item System.

Then, various modules can check if you have one...and if you do...give you a nav to use the Bezoar or not.  With whatever results follow.

Am thinking, in terms of the Item System, that I would make it a "unique to player" item...making it impossible to carry more than one at a time.

The other thing you could do is limit it to maybe three...and just have the program check how many you hold currently, and simply not give you the option to find it...if you already have or exceed that maximum amount.

The advantage of using the Item System for this would be to make it usable across several modules.  Like the Sicilian one mentioned, though one would need to re-write the module to include use of the Bezoar.
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »

If you wanted your putative Bezoar to be usable in several modules, I'd recommend making the Bezoar using the Item System.

Then, various modules can check if you have one...and if you do...give you a nav to use the Bezoar or not.  With whatever results follow.

Code:
<?php

if( get_module_pref('has','bezoar') == )
{

// Player has a bezoar
}

If you have item module installed then sure, use it. But if not you don't really need it. Easy enough to check to see if a player has something from another module. :-)

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 03:06:28 PM »

Code:
<?php

if( get_module_pref('has','bezoar') == )
{

// Player has a bezoar
}

If you have item module installed then sure, use it. But if not you don't really need it. Easy enough to check to see if a player has something from another module. :-)

True, dat.  Just check the prefs.  And increment them as needed.
I'm just partial to the Item System because of the versatility it offers.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 03:00:06 AM »

Thanks for all the ideas. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
24 Guests, 0 Users