• February 23, 2018, 12:32:00 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Location Info Disappears??  (Read 188 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »

OK...I promise, before going any further, that I have tried for hours to find an answer on my own...and I am stuck.

UPDATE:  Solved my own problem!!  I had to uninstall everything and reinstall things, I installed cities first THEN the races...and it worked.  Just in case anyone else ever has this problem!

UPDATE 2: Maybe not.  Well, the problem still solved, or solved again, anyway.  I had it happen again, right after installing the Dwellings Core.  No idea why.  I ended up uninstalling it, and downloading a fresh copy of it here, replacing all my files...and then re-loaded it in....problem solved.  So something must have got corrupted somehow there...but I cannot imagine what I could have done, in the Dwellings Core...to cause it to have this kind of problem....whatever it was that i did...works in 1.1.0 but not 1.1.2 apparently.  (Meaning this is nothing that anyone here could have helped me with anyway, I absolutely had to find it on my own.)

I have done code string searches, side-by-side compares of code from different modules, gone thru the coding line by line...and I can't see what is happening.

But I swear i have really, really tried.

Now...here's the deal.
I have a test server set up, running 1.1.2 on XAMPP (a virtual machine inside my local machine...you all probably knew that)  What is happening right now...I am not sure if it is related to the fact that I am running it on XAMPP....or if it is a problem which would then happen on my live site, were i to upgrade.

Here is what is happening...

As long as I am logged in, villagenav() works correctly, and it directs me back to the village i was in.
But when I log off and log back in...villagenav() always sends me to Degolburg, no matter where I was when I logged out.
And on the news.php screen you are redirected to on login...the village nav only shows "Retirn to" - not "Return to Glorfindal" or whatever.

I have tracked this with PHPMyAdmin.
When I am logged in...the Location field in the accounts database...updates correctly.
When I log off, the Location field remains intact, and is correct...it is the location in which I logged off.

And I have literally refreshed my PHPMyAdmin at each step to see this.

When I log IN....
The Location field goes blank.

Where is it losing this data and how can I make it retain the data?

It has GOT to be somewhere in login.php, news.php, /lib/villagenav.php or cities.php
At least, this is what I would think, anyway.

My point being...is there something I do not know about, in the upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 - where an old module breaks and causes this problem...
Or is it just because i am using XAMPP to do this?

I'd hate to upgrade my own site and then have this problem.

Is there a new, 1.1.2 version, of Cities, maybe?  Yes.  there is.  I downloaded the 1.1.2 core modules.  And installed THAT version of cities.php, not my old 1.1.0

Is there a new version of City Prefs, maybe?  I have not seen one.

I am sorta at a loss here...and I promise I have tried.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:00:05 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online