• July 19, 2018, 02:13:30 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: concerning the core module "oldman.php"  (Read 2793 times)
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »

I surely would be happy with an expansion of this module in which I can fight the old necromancer that is stealing gold and permanent hitpoints from me. This is impossible with current module. He even kills you after stealing money, without any option for you as player to defend or interact. So, a fighting option included into this module would be great, I think. Prizes? A permanent hp or more would be great, a permanent attack and defense point would also be great. I also could suggest prizes that can be defined by an admin: if dragon egg hunt is included in the game: finding an egg and possibility to destroy it would be nice; getting a voucher would be nice too. Just some thoughts. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »

I surely would be happy with an expansion of this module in which I can fight the old necromancer that is stealing gold and permanent hitpoints from me. This is impossible with current module. He even kills you after stealing money, without any option for you as player to defend or interact. So, a fighting option included into this module would be great, I think. Prizes? A permanent hp or more would be great, a permanent attack and defense point would also be great. I also could suggest prizes that can be defined by an admin: if dragon egg hunt is included in the game: finding an egg and possibility to destroy it would be nice; getting a voucher would be nice too. Just some thoughts. Best, WW

Will keep these in mind.  I am looking at ways to fool around with the oldman module, actually,  don't like it myself when you can just get killed with no chance to defend yourself because of a random number generator.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 01:20:06 AM »

So we agree on this! Jay! I surely would be happy with a fight or defend option in this module. Previous thoughts I suggested for earning the punishments or rewards can be tried out when the fight thing works fine. Let's try this in several steps: version xa: include fight or defending options, so that player isn't killed or weakened automatically; version xb: possible addition of more interactive things: after player choses to talk with him he asks something, player helps or not, gives food or not, ... is rewarded with charm and possible good alignment, or punished =lose charm and some bad alignment. If you want me to help you by writing texts, mail me privately and I'll try to use all suggestions I wrote down over here by putting them in some texts, so that you eventually can concentrate on coding? Let me know by mail if I can be of any help. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
32 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search