• December 15, 2018, 06:21:14 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Require Admin Approval For Unmute??  (Read 8157 times)
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »

Code:
$char = httpget('char');
$sql = "SELECT login, name, level, sex, title, specialty, hashorse, acctid, resurrections, bio, dragonkills, race, clanname, clanshort, clanrank, ".db_prefix("accounts").".clanid, laston, loggedin FROM " . db_prefix("accounts") . " LEFT JOIN " . db_prefix("clans") . " ON " . db_prefix("accounts") . ".clanid = " . db_prefix("clans") . ".clanid WHERE login='$char'";
$result = db_query($sql);
$target = db_fetch_assoc($result);
$target['login'] = rawurlencode($target['login']);
$id = $target['acctid'];
$target['return_link']=$return;

page_header("Character Biography: %s", full_sanitize($target['name']));

This is where the account ID is defined.

Now, when I originally go into a player's bio....it pulls the account id.  As it should.

But when I RETURN to bio...from your module...this is where it is NOT pulling the account ID.

from your module
Code:
addnav("Return to Bio","bio.php?char=$id&ret=$ret");

Seems like it should be pulling the ID there.  But it isn't.

When I hover over the link...without pressing it...the char id is there.

but when I press the link...it is like the value goes away.  It does not carry back to bio.php

Now...from bio.php
Code:
$ret = httpget('ret');
if ($ret==""){
$return = "/list.php";
}else{
$return = cmd_sanitize($ret);
}

Is this the point it returns to?

If it is...the next thing it should be hitting is where it established the value of the char id.  So that can't be right.

Somehow or another...when your module returns to Bio....it is NOT retaining the character ID.

Like I said, when I hover, without clicking...the char ID is there in the return link that shows up.

But c;ick it...and I get a null account back...so, somewhere...it is not retaining that account ID.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:02:04 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 11:04:43 PM »

here is the copied and pasted URL....i am directed back to

ht tp://www.kalisiin.com/bio.php?char=598&ret=%2Flist.php&c=740-065629

notice how char=598 is there??

even after I click the link...it DOES show up that way in my URL bar.

But the value is not being fed into bio...somehow...and this is where I am completely lost.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 11:07:54 PM »

The only thing I can think of....

Is I am playing both the test player...char=598  - AND my Admin

And I can't be signed into both accounts at the same time, on the same computer.

So I am going to sign in as that on ONE comp...and my admin on the other...see what THAT does.UPDATE:  Nope, that did not change the outcome.

Maybe should just have a link directing it back tot he darn warrior list instead of the bio??
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:11:48 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:04 PM »

You've posted too many walls of text, I've become confused. Please repeat your issue in a comprehensible fashion.

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »

You've posted too many walls of text, I've become confused. Please repeat your issue in a comprehensible fashion.

OK, I think I solved the problem, but not in the way you would have wanted, perhaps.
Code:
if ($redirect) {
redirect("runmodule.php?module=muting&op=bio&id=$id&ret=$ret");
} else {
addnav("Return");
addnav("Return to Warrior List","list.php");
//addnav("Return to Bio","bio.php?char=$id&ret=$ret");
addnav("Return to Muting","runmodule.php?module=muting&op=bio&id=$id&ret=$ret");
}

Notice where I commented out your return nav to the Bio - and added a nav above it to go back to the Warrior List?

For some reason, in your module, when you use the "Return to Bio" link...it is NOT retaining the account ID.

The URL, when you hover over the link...shows the account ID.  When you click it...in the URL bar...the account ID is still there, char=598 in my case.

BUT...

I get a bio on a null character.  So the character ID is still not feeding into the bio.php when you return there from your module.

I have provided a workaround, as you see...but this is not working as you had maybe intended.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:23:17 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
DarknessFalls
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 08:26:25 AM »

I know this may be a bit off topic, but for future references...

If a player is creating issues, and begins to create multiple characters, I would recommend temporarily turning off Character Creation until the problem is resolved. That way, you aren't stressing while attempting to find a way to fix the issue at hand.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »

I know this may be a bit off topic, but for future references...

If a player is creating issues, and begins to create multiple characters, I would recommend temporarily turning off Character Creation until the problem is resolved. That way, you aren't stressing while attempting to find a way to fix the issue at hand.
How do I do that?  I have never had to.
Never had anything like this happen before in eleven years running a site, LOL
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »

How do I do that?  I have never had to.
Never had anything like this happen before in eleven years running a site, LOL

Game Settings from the Grotto.

How do you not know how to code after over a decade?

DarknessFalls
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 11:19:36 AM »

One of the things you should do now, is to start searching around in your realm. You've got open access to see everything you can do. This is extremely advisable, if there are things you aren't familiar with. Exploring is always a good way to figure things out. That's how Aeolus learned. That's how I learned. That's how many of us here learned. Exploring. Finding things out. If you do back-ups continuously, you're able to restore back-ups if you somehow break something. It is okay to make mistakes. It is okay to ask questions. However, I'd suggest trying to figure out how to do it first before asking. That way if someone asks, "Did you try and figure it out on your own?", you can tell them that you did.

Now. Back to the topic at hand. There are always going to be trolls or players that are just blatantly mean, and they need to be dealt with. You can always mute the players, ban the players, cell the players, turn off chat temporarily until the situation is resolved, turn off Character Creation, etc. There are many avenues to make sure that you can keep your realm as safe as possible. All you have to do is explore.

To answer how to turn off Character Creation...

Grotto > Game Settings > GameSetup > Allow creation of new characters? > Yes/No
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »

Thanks.
I did not know to do this because I never had to in over a decade!

But at this point I have several safeguards in place and the problem seems to have resolved.

Namely, I made it so that people have to verify email addresses...only one account per email.
They have to Petition Admin to be unmuted.

I have the Cell and the ability to mute/ban players.

Additionally, I can add the IP addresses and email addresses to my Brendan Blocker.

So there are, I have found...many things I can do.  In either case, the problem seems solved for now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
74 Guests, 0 Users