• May 21, 2018, 01:59:59 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: scenario's for new modules?  (Read 2746 times)
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:32 AM »

Hi I'm new here, so if I make some faults please tell me how to behave over here. Is this the correct board to post some ideas for new modules? If yes, I have some ideas and scenario's in draft phases. Programming isn't my piece of cake. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »

Hi I'm new here, so if I make some faults please tell me how to behave over here. Is this the correct board to post some ideas for new modules? If yes, I have some ideas and scenario's in draft phases. Programming isn't my piece of cake. Best, WW

You can post your ideas here and it will more than likely be made quickly. Most ideas these days are a breeze to design.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:55:25 AM »

Sorry, but what do you mean with "So meme'd up"? Firstly, what do you think about introducing a new degree of difficulty in the forest? On Hogwartslive, I don't know if this is the same on dragonprime, you can "look for something" =monsters have same level as player; "go thrillseeking" =monsters are 2 levels higher than player; "go slumming" =monster is one level below player; "search suicidally" =monsters are 3 levels higher than player (only available after 50 dk's :ve's in hl ve =Voldemort encounters. But what about a level "hunt for horrors"? This level I should make available after 300 dk's or ve's; monsters in this section of the forest could be 6 levels higher than player; and Voldemort or dragon you only can fight at level 15 has not level 18 but at level 22. I'm only puzzling how to do the latter: player could opt in into "hunt for horrors" section and accepts the difficulty degree of dragon/voldemort when player reaches level 15, or you could introduce a badges module and only after obtaining the "horrorhunt-badge the player could battle this though dragon/Voldemort and other though opponents. This is my first proposal. I have more at my desk. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »

Sorry, but what do you mean with "So meme'd up"? Firstly, what do you think about introducing a new degree of difficulty in the forest? On Hogwartslive, I don't know if this is the same on dragonprime, you can "look for something" =monsters have same level as player; "go thrillseeking" =monsters are 2 levels higher than player; "go slumming" =monster is one level below player; "search suicidally" =monsters are 3 levels higher than player (only available after 50 dk's :ve's in hl ve =Voldemort encounters. But what about a level "hunt for horrors"? This level I should make available after 300 dk's or ve's; monsters in this section of the forest could be 6 levels higher than player; and Voldemort or dragon you only can fight at level 15 has not level 18 but at level 22. I'm only puzzling how to do the latter: player could opt in into "hunt for horrors" section and accepts the difficulty degree of dragon/voldemort when player reaches level 15, or you could introduce a badges module and only after obtaining the "horrorhunt-badge the player could battle this though dragon/Voldemort and other though opponents. This is my first proposal. I have more at my desk. Best, WW

That is just a tagline, and is not applicable to any sort of post that I make. It is rather off-topic, really.

I would not suggest making that sort of an edit, but it is possible to write a module that will just grab creatures that will instead be higher levels. You need to fill out the full level stack (16 - ~23) with creatures then. I do not believe that just throwing levels at a player will exactly fix the power-creep issue that is native in the DragonPrime core. This sort of model would make sense if you rewarded the players with a formidable experience gain - but your idea of badges will perfectly negate the need to introduce higher levels. It's all about what you want for your server. A stronger set of creatures to attack would mean a little more strategy, but it's hardly any different. A badge to show accomplishment would be nice, but there are hall of fame lists for that exact reason. It's best to view which angle will bring more value to your server.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 01:23:53 AM »

I don't own any server nor game, I'm only a player at Hogwartslive who wants to make the game more interesting, not so repititive; For me, tougher opponents and using more strategy skills as player is the motivation. I'll post the text I wrote as introduction to this "hooror hunt" section in the forest: "In this part of the Forbidden Forest, you'll find hideous creatures that belong in the underworld, or are crowding your nightmares. Over there, the challenges are though, so you need a good mount/broom in good health. The vicious creatures over here are tough opponents, so, this isn't the children's playground.

You'll get less money than in the other sections, but you'll get more risky challenges.

So, will you continue or leave this section?
(This question will be asked the first time after ve'ing when the player enters this section: (cfr. the warning you see when pvp is activated by the player). Perhaps hunt for horrors can also be activated by the player like pvp within the settings?)

Leave:

You return to the forest, and can chose another level of difficulty.

Continue:

You are a brave warrior, hopefully you make a wise decision.
You currently have 10 Horrorhunts left (as long as the number of challenges/creatures is limited; forest fights are used for this).""

I e.g. find it frustrating that in many cases, you can't react as a player: on hogwartslive there's a fairy entangled in a spider's web that is always being freed by the player; this is done automatically, player can't do anything to make a choice. Many times the jewell monster or tatoo monster is 1 level higher than me although I'm fighting in the "search suicidally" section; with a mount in full health I only need 1 round to slay Jewell/tatoo monsters. If the player wants to use more strategy skills or has few turns left but a healthy mount, it would be fantastic if there were a "horror hunt" section. On the halloween village there's no forest section, perhaps we could test this horror section out within this Halloween village before making it available in the forest in general? Concerning badges system: halls of fame are fantastic, but I found out that I need to follow Odysee's routes to find out how I'm doing; I have to search for my own name, to see how I did in Amleine's Music shop e.g. ... The latter has nothing to do with horror hunting. Best, WW

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »

I don't own any server nor game, I'm only a player at Hogwartslive who wants to make the game more interesting, not so repititive; For me, tougher opponents and using more strategy skills as player is the motivation. I'll post the text I wrote as introduction to this "hooror hunt" section in the forest: "In this part of the Forbidden Forest, you'll find hideous creatures that belong in the underworld, or are crowding your nightmares. Over there, the challenges are though, so you need a good mount/broom in good health. The vicious creatures over here are tough opponents, so, this isn't the children's playground.

You'll get less money than in the other sections, but you'll get more risky challenges.

So, will you continue or leave this section?
(This question will be asked the first time after ve'ing when the player enters this section: (cfr. the warning you see when pvp is activated by the player). Perhaps hunt for horrors can also be activated by the player like pvp within the settings?)

Leave:

You return to the forest, and can chose another level of difficulty.

Continue:

You are a brave warrior, hopefully you make a wise decision.
You currently have 10 Horrorhunts left (as long as the number of challenges/creatures is limited; forest fights are used for this).""

I e.g. find it frustrating that in many cases, you can't react as a player: on hogwartslive there's a fairy entangled in a spider's web that is always being freed by the player; this is done automatically, player can't do anything to make a choice. Many times the jewell monster or tatoo monster is 1 level higher than me although I'm fighting in the "search suicidally" section; with a mount in full health I only need 1 round to slay Jewell/tatoo monsters. If the player wants to use more strategy skills or has few turns left but a healthy mount, it would be fantastic if there were a "horror hunt" section. On the halloween village there's no forest section, perhaps we could test this horror section out within this Halloween village before making it available in the forest in general? Concerning badges system: halls of fame are fantastic, but I found out that I need to follow Odysee's routes to find out how I'm doing; I have to search for my own name, to see how I did in Amleine's Music shop e.g. ... The latter has nothing to do with horror hunting. Best, WW

Almost seems to me as if a second "forest.php" could be made where the only choice is a higher-level fight.
And you would get a choice to go to this second "forest" or not as an event in the regular forest.

If I could make banks and stables appear in the underworld, I could probably do this.

But one project at a time...

A random thought for myself on this one...if this was done, every possible forest event would need another hook added to the second forest...so that the events could trigger in the second forest.

But it ought to be do-able.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:25:35 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 01:55:50 AM »

Wow a second forest wasn't my intention. I simply would make an extra level in which monsters from the underworld or bonemarrow beast and other creatures turn up; besides some tough opponents and strategic gaming asking events. Best, WW

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »

Wow a second forest wasn't my intention. I simply would make an extra level in which monsters from the underworld or bonemarrow beast and other creatures turn up; besides some tough opponents and strategic gaming asking events. Best, WW

To be perfectly honest, it would almost be easier to do as a second forest.  But it would be pretty involved.

There is already something like that done, but works only on 1.1.1 and above, I think it is the Desert there, but could be themed any way you wanted.

It would likely give a good starting place for what you want to accomplish.

The other idea I might have in mind (and I'd have to figure how to do this) is to have an event which triggers this second forest (which would be the same forest) but the navigations would be blocked except for search suicidally.  You could also have a nav for Wimp Out...at a cost of charm and a few turns finding your way out.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:59:46 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »

Oh, if there's already a module for that, this would be great. But on hogwartslive there's no desert module or it must be themed otherwise? Perhaps this desert thing could do the trick? I don't know. Best, WW

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »

Oh, if there's already a module for that, this would be great. But on hogwartslive there's no desert module or it must be themed otherwise? Perhaps this desert thing could do the trick? I don't know. Best, WW

Not quite sure.  I'd have to see the coding.  And I would have no way to test it on my own ste, as the Desert moduke I mention apparently works only on 1.1.1 and higher, and i run 1.1.0 for now.

But it was a possible starting place.  One of the ways I code things...rather than re-inventing the wheel...I use what already works and tweak it to do what I want.  Of course, when you do that it is important to credit the original author.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:54:04 AM »

On your site I like the fact there are nany sections in the forest like lumber yard docks, ... that aren't on hogwartslive. I even found a kind of arena thing and perhaps this could do the trick? In the books of Harry Potter, Harry had to participate in the triwizard tournament and he had to do 3 tasks. Perhaps we could locate the thoug opponents I had in mind for the most difficult section of the forest over there, and also the more strategic events? I wish I could test out the desert. And perhaps making a module for finding pages would be great too? Now I can find gems and gold; but if I could find pages of books, magazines and newspapers etc. I could save the pages in the library and after saving enough pages I could make a newspaper, book, magzaine, .... Now I can't locate the notes of potion recipes I found on your game; it's also not dedectable if I lost them after killing the dragon, ...

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »

On your site I like the fact there are nany sections in the forest like lumber yard docks, ... that aren't on hogwartslive. I even found a kind of arena thing and perhaps this could do the trick? In the books of Harry Potter, Harry had to participate in the triwizard tournament and he had to do 3 tasks. Perhaps we could locate the thoug opponents I had in mind for the most difficult section of the forest over there, and also the more strategic events? I wish I could test out the desert. And perhaps making a module for finding pages would be great too? Now I can find gems and gold; but if I could find pages of books, magazines and newspapers etc. I could save the pages in the library and after saving enough pages I could make a newspaper, book, magzaine, .... Now I can't locate the notes of potion recipes I found on your game; it's also not dedectable if I lost them after killing the dragon, ...

OK, the ideas bubble out of you fast and furious!!

I am still trying to get a test server set up on my home computer...and working on the spider thing.

I like the idea of doing a Triwaizrd Tournament thing...for a Hogwarts-themed site, not sure how that works on a not-so-themed site.

You can't save the pages of the recipes you find in that way.  Use the Open Notepad, copy and paste the notes in there.  That is one reason I provided the Notepad on my site.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 02:12:19 AM »

concerning our fairy and spider event: I prefer the fight with the spider would be a fight like fight with gorgon or other fights in forest, not a fight you don't have to duel as player (like the current freing the fairy thing). Mount and other buffs could be used, I hope? On hogwartslive there's no notepath thing, so I lost the notes. Best, WW

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 08:15:05 PM »

concerning our fairy and spider event: I prefer the fight with the spider would be a fight like fight with gorgon or other fights in forest, not a fight you don't have to duel as player (like the current freing the fairy thing). Mount and other buffs could be used, I hope? On hogwartslive there's no notepath thing, so I lost the notes. Best, WW

Am not sure what you are driving at here.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:37 AM »

I was reacting on your passage about working with the fairy in spider's web; I would like to have a fight with the spider like you have to fight Gorgon or tatoo monster; there's a fight. But on Hogwartslive, there's a challenge with 3 castles: Wyvern Keep, Castle Slaag and Draco's Dungeon; after chosing an option where to go, you sometimes come into a fight; but the game decides what's the result, you as player can't do anything. So with fairy thing: I want to have a fight in which the player can actively participate; not a fight as described in the 3 castles challenge.
You also wrote about the potions recipe notes on your game and that I had to use the notepath thing to get the recipes. Well, as I wasn't used to do this on Hogwartslive, I didn't save the notes on notepath, I thought this parts of notes would end up in my inventory or somewhere else to consult them later and to put the parts together.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
41 Guests, 0 Users