• November 19, 2017, 11:31:49 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Module - Miyagi's Topiary  (Read 741 times)
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »

OK, so this is a new module I did that I have wanted to do for a long time.  You may have guessed it is a nod to The Karate Kid.

So, basically, I gutted Red Yates' Pumpkin Carving Module to do this...and so credit is given, though mine has other things you can do - so I did add some depth to this thing.

In this module, you can trim a Bonsai tree for a reward and notice in the village, just like the Pumpkin module.  However...if you successfully trim a Bonsai tree...there is a randomizer that determines the shape your topiary tree has taken, it could be a lion, tiger, monkey, swan or dragon.  And the town announcement will tell what shape the tree is as well as who won.

Additionally, just like in The Karate Kid...you can actually try to catch a fly in chopsticks!!  Remember, man who can catch fly in chopsticks can do anything!  in this case, man (or woman) who can catch fly in chopsticks wins ten gems.  You do have a one in five thousand chance of success at catching the fly....Beginner's Luck!! LOL

Enjoy it.  It is tested and works on 1.1.0 - no guarantees about other versions, but i see no reason why it should not work on any 1.x.x version.

Link to Submission thread here: http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=12817.msg107021;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:20:16 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
DarknessFalls
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »

Might I inquire as to where the module is located? I do not see a download link for this.
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »

As per DragonPrime instructions, the file was attached to the topic in the Sunmissions thread, this being the discussion thread.  I assume eventually, they will put a download link here.  If you like I could send you the file.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:21:14 PM by TGTarheel » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:56:36 AM »

As per DragonPrime instructions, the file was attached to the topic in the Sunmissions thread, this being the discussion thread.  I assume eventually, they will pout a download link here.  If you like I could send you the file.

That's never going to happen; custom created modules are never put in the Downloads section. Modify your original post in this thread by adding a link to the submission thread, and vice versa.

Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »

As per DragonPrime instructions, the file was attached to the topic in the Sunmissions thread, this being the discussion thread.  I assume eventually, they will pout a download link here.  If you like I could send you the file.

That's never going to happen; custom created modules are never put in the Downloads section. Modify your original post in this thread by adding a link to the submission thread, and vice versa.

Huh? The downloads section is exactly where custom created modules are, although due to the inactivity over the recent years, it is rarely updated.

@TGTarheel Adding a link to the OP that leads to the submission thread is the standard.
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »

OK...I am confused now.  I thought I did this right??  Am I SUPPOSED to attach the file here, too?  I thought THEY did that...I am happy to do whatever is supposed to be done, but the way I did this is how I understood the submission instructions.

Or am I supposed to put a link in this thread that leads back to the thread for the actual submission?  I am happy to share this with anyone who wants it and I will get it to anyone who wants it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:58:58 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 08:44:56 AM »

This is the discussion thread to discuss the module, put a link at the bottom of the first post linking to the submission thread. The first post in the submission thread should link back here and also have the file attached. Smiley

TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »

This is the discussion thread to discuss the module, put a link at the bottom of the first post linking to the submission thread. The first post in the submission thread should link back here and also have the file attached. Smiley

OK.  I will do that then.

DONE.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 01:04:43 AM »

Huh? The downloads section is exactly where custom created modules are, although due to the inactivity over the recent years, it is rarely updated.

@TGTarheel Adding a link to the OP that leads to the submission thread is the standard.

Exactly. They don't get added to the Downloads section anymore. Haven't for years.

TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »

Exactly. They don't get added to the Downloads section anymore. Haven't for years.

I did not know this.  I have not been here in years.  i was here a long timme ago...like in 2007-2008...but now I am back and coding a few things.  I submmitted the way I remembered I was supposed to.  Anyway, there is now a link back to the submission thread here now.

I am sorta wondering...if they no longer put submissions in the Download section...why do we still need two threads for a submission?  Why not just one thread, here and attach the file here and have done with it?
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 08:00:36 PM »

I did not know this.  I have not been here in years.  i was here a long timme ago...like in 2007-2008...but now I am back and coding a few things.  I submmitted the way I remembered I was supposed to.  Anyway, there is now a link back to the submission thread here now.

I am sorta wondering...if they no longer put submissions in the Download section...why do we still need two threads for a submission?  Why not just one thread, here and attach the file here and have done with it?

You don't. That's exactly what I do, one thread that's both the submission and discussion thread.

TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »

OK, then.  Guess I know for any future submissions.  If I have any.  My game is getting rather full.  I have a few ideas for stuff, but we will see.

One thing I am thinking on...is a Gem Mine, sorta like the Metal Mine...but you do not keep the Gems...they go to re-stock Vessa'a store.  But you keep anything else you find in there.  You could find gold...or Items, as I use the Item System.  You do, of course, find Gems...you just don't keep them, they go to Vessa's store for purchase by players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
13 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search