• July 24, 2017, 01:44:44 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Error "UNOFFICIAL FOUND"  (Read 756 times)
mole
Militia

Hello DP

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »

Sorry I was uploading this script and It stopped it and said "The file you uploaded, about.zip, contains a virus so the upload was canceled: SecuriteInfo.com.Spam-29.UNOFFICIAL FOUND" not sure what that is but about is just what folder i picked when I zipped it.

Any ideas? I downloaded from the download area of this site.
Astarael|Jack
Codemeister

Lord Procrastinator and King of Cheap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »

Hey Mole! Sorry it took so long to get back to you, the community isn't what it used to be, so it can take some time for people to reply. In the future, please try to refrain from complaining about the lack of support - we're a bunch of old farts who don't generally react well to complaints that free help isn't given fast enough.

When it comes to your issue, that is a doozy. There isn't much I can discern from this end, without more information. A couple of ideas.

- What 'script' did you upload, and where are you uploading it? Is it just the scripts downloaded from here as a zip file?

- Are you using a free host? If so, which one? I'd recommend against that, you don't know where they've been! Computers are cheap these days, and if you're comfortable, a Digital Ocean or AWS Lightsail are cheap and trusted ways to getting going. If you're new to self-hosting something, you can easily find a butt ton of tutorials about the place on setting up your own LAMP server.

- Have you run antivirus on your own computer? Avast is good at this, but also nabbing yourself a free trial to Malwarebytes could do the trick.

Hopefully one of those works out for you Smiley

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »

Hard to help if you don't point us to the specific file you downloaded.  I'm not aware of any files hosted in the downloads section here with viruses, nor are there any archives in the downloads titled about.zip.  No sign of it in the attached files either.

A quick google search of the error message indicates a spam script with possible false positives.

Nothing more I can do without more detail from you.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
mole
Militia

Hello DP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »

Sorry guys  Embarrassed The script is what I downloaded from here " LoGD Version 1.1.2 Stable Release" and " Modules recommended/needed for Versions 1.1.2 or future releases" and about.zip is where I zipped up the content I needed to upload to my hosting. My Hosting is paid.

I scanned it with my antivirus Norton and used  "virustotal" and it said it was fine. I talked to my host and he said to seek help here since it was an outside script.

Again sorry. I did not mean to be an A-hole.
Anharat
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »

Imagining you want to create a running lotgd (web) server, why would you upload the files as a zip archive?

mole
Militia

Hello DP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 03:07:35 PM »

Imagining you want to create a running lotgd (web) server, why would you upload the files as a zip archive?

I have to upload it as a zip to put in on the (web) server. It is the same way I did it years ago when I used this script. I do not perfer FTP because it requires a seperate program to upload each file one at a time. Just this time I get that error.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »

If the only file in the archive is "about.php", and you zip it up to go in there then either your system has something working to insert the malware (but your antivirus gives it a clean bill of health) or you're getting a false positive...meaning there isn't anything to worry about.

As an alternative, you might try archiving it as a .tar and using commandline to unpackage it on the server.  Putty is a good free program for that.

mole
Militia

Hello DP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »

o I just tried FTP'ing it and that worked, so I guess it was a false report.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 05:35:18 PM »

Glad to hear it, and thanks for letting us know the outcome  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
17 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search