• July 27, 2017, 11:51:36 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of code maintenance  (Read 10573 times)
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »

Having given considerable thought to the many options ahead of us, and the assorted comments from the community, XChrisX and I will be joining forces to provide oversight of core code maintenance and development of LoGD as supported by DragonPrime.  

There will be no committee, at least for the moment.  Once the final release from Eric and Kendaer is out, a new section will be created in DragonPrime to permit all members of the community to submit bug fixes, typos and so forth.

Another board will be provided where the community can discuss, develop and vote on the direction core development should take.  In essence, everyone will be part of the team...XChrisX and I will just be the final level of quality assurance.

We hope that with the support of the many talented contributors who make DragonPrime the place it is, that we'll all be able to maintain the high standard set out by Eric and Kendaer.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Nightborn
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 01:15:40 AM »

Nicely said Smiley I completely agree and expect the future of LotGD to be bright Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 01:49:20 AM by Nightborn » Logged
lonnyl
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 04:23:23 AM »

I have to say, that I aprove.  I do believe we were headed for a mess and a power strugle in the other thread.  My main concern was and is the continuation of a great project.  Good Luck gentlemen, I hope the road ahead is a fairly smooth one.  
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 04:28:00 AM »

I think, with the support of all of you, it will be a smooth one... Just now, nothing has really changed... There will only be two other persons telling you that with your modification you'll break things anywhere else... Tongue

(Tal and I still have to decide who will beak your fingers and who will be the neck-wringer Tongue )

And I hope, the steady flow of suggestions will not cease... As the development won't Wink
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:34:15 AM by XChrisX » Logged

Running for more than three years now:
Arune
Mod God

Arune Vai - khatfield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 06:35:23 AM »

Sounds like a step in the right direction.
Freeze
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »

I have to say I am Skeptical. I think for a while this will work. But i have to admit that the 3-part team sounded like the best way to go.

But who knows? Good luck, and maybe this will work out.
kickme
Global Moderator
Mod God

Yay for elephants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 07:58:29 PM »

Will you two also add more modules to the DP core?

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 08:01:25 PM »

That is something which will require discussion, however my feeling is that unless the module adds a significant or 'essential' element such as a must have administrative tool, then it won't be included in the core.

The current collection of modules is quite broad, and the core code doesn't really need more in the way of 'fluff' content.  Admins can readily acquire a vast quantity of that here.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
programgeek
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 04:05:19 AM »

Having given considerable thought to the many options ahead of us, and the assorted comments from the community, XChrisX and I will be joining forces to provide oversight of core code maintenance and development of LoGD as supported by DragonPrime.  

There will be no committee, at least for the moment.  Once the final release from Eric and Kendaer is out, a new section will be created in DragonPrime to permit all members of the community to submit bug fixes, typos and so forth.

Another board will be provided where the community can discuss, develop and vote on the direction core development should take.  In essence, everyone will be part of the team...XChrisX and I will just be the final level of quality assurance.

We hope that with the support of the many talented contributors who make DragonPrime the place it is, that we'll all be able to maintain the high standard set out by Eric and Kendaer.

This is nice to know.  I really wanted to give you my sincere thank you for providing such a great game. :O)  Your hard work will not be forgotten.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
27 Guests, 0 Users