• June 22, 2017, 06:51:52 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Player V Player  (Read 618 times)
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »

Has there ever been a Live Player V Player module? much like the current PvP but with both players being online and battling. I have searched around and have only seen threads talking about it but never actually created. I remember back in the day Tristan over at Addiction had his own

I have built my own variation of one so just curious Smiley

LordChaos and his E-Girls Smiley
GRRRilla Ninja
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:25:59 PM »

IMHO, if there is to be a "modern-ish" version of LoGD, multi-player support should be a must-have addition. I 2nd this motion.  Grin
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »

I wouldn't count on a new version of LoGD, 1.1.2 was like 8 years ago.

LordChaos and his E-Girls Smiley
GRRRilla Ninja
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:32:44 PM »

True, but there is still occassionally talk of the different forks. LoRD was one of my favorite games when I was younger, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same. I still have hope that LoGD v2.0 will be a reality, hopefully sooner than later. If my PHP skills were worth half a cent I would glady offer my services to speed things up. There has to be someone, SOMEONE, who is a PHP guru and holds a special place in their heart for LoRD/LoGD just like I do.

If the Universe could just send them in the direction of DragonPrime, that'd be great! Or, if they already happen to be here, give them a friendly kick-in-the-rear. Maybe one of us has what it takes to create a nice KickStarter campaign or something, and we could hire someone to do the job. I would throw some money at that if I believed in what a v2.0 would be/look like. And let's be honest...... without a version upgrade to attract new players who may be interested in the "meat" of the game but aren't willing to play it in a text-only form, LoGD and DragonPrime as we know them won't be around too much longer.
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »

Has there ever been a Live Player V Player module? much like the current PvP but with both players being online and battling. I have searched around and have only seen threads talking about it but never actually created. I remember back in the day Tristan over at Addiction had his own

I have built my own variation of one so just curious Smiley

There is a PVP module released here on DragonPrime that lets two online accounts PVP. But they both are required to 'wait their turn' to hit each other. Simple Javascript would allow for it to automatic, timed transactions. Would want it to be timed, so that the victim has the chance to flee.

Currently revamping the core for 7 and bringing back an open source wiki.
pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »

Have a little patience , there are ppl working on alternatives. 😄
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us