• August 17, 2017, 08:40:18 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a new host. :(  (Read 5625 times)
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »

What OS should i use? Also how do I get the discount? The price is $8.00 a month.

I prefer ubuntu, or debian. Use the coupon code..
Coupon: LEB50OFF

Currently revamping the core for 7 and bringing back an open source wiki.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »

ok how do i setup my server? i'm about to pay for a month. Is there a way to pay for an entire year?
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »

ok how do i setup my server? i'm about to pay for a month. Is there a way to pay for an entire year?
You would have to install a stack of nginx or apache, php5-fpm, mysqli and then transfer over your files. This is done through SSH, I assume you have windows, so just download the putty ssh client.
Anything about payments I wouldn't know, you would have to check the host you have decided on.

Currently revamping the core for 7 and bringing back an open source wiki.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »

Like I said, I've never used a vps before. How do I install the stuff I need? I have putty already, so I just use it instead of my phone...
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

it's not working
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »

How do I setup my server? I can connect via SSH using putty, but I don't know what to do after that. I tried running
Code:
usermod -a G sudo,www-data fanboystudios
passwd fanboystudios
substituting "fanboystudios" with else something else for a username and password.
RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »

I am going to suggest a VPS. Since you apparently have a strict limitation of funds, go over to my friends over at lowendbox. They have a lot that you can select from. Take for example this deal, at just 3USD per month, you can run a site that is faster than most RPGLink sites, The Complex, Tynastera, etc. For 3USD a month.

Note, these are VPS boxes. Not a shared hosting control panel based website. You will need an SSH client, either through terminal or if you have windows via PuTTY or installing it. This gives you full control over your website, and you will learn a bit of server management. I suggest removing the default httpd client, then installing nginx, php5-fpm, an ftpd client if you are that old school, php5-mysqli, and then getting adminer. If you need help, just let me know.

Just for the record, RPGLink has ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION with The Complex whatsoever.

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »

Time to spend some time on Google looking for educational information.  Dragonprime is here to provide support for LoGD, but is not intended to teach you the basics of finding and using webspace and the tools needed to setup/manage your site.  There are other communities more than happy to do that for you.

There are patched versions of LoGD and core files, you can find them using the Dragonprime search tools.

Basic information regarding setting up and managing your webspace should be available from your webhost.

http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=757.0

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »

Back to Hosting24 again... Support at VPSNeed sucks, and they're not that great. The patched version for PHP 5.4 works great. Might be looking for alternatives due to some hidden limits of Hosting24.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »

Likely i'll be transferring my game to ovh.com vps server! Pretty good specs for less than $4 a month. Meanwhile, I do have a playable game at http://212.1.215.130/home.php.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »

Having problems with my hosts.... one doesn't work nicely giving me control and support, the other has entry process limits.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »

Having problems with my hosts.... one doesn't work nicely giving me control and support, the other has entry process limits. Working on a solution...
Tucher
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »

I just fired up a new server to test my host. Blazing fast and fairly cheap. To test you can go to http://logd.sanfeld.com/. Fast Comet is the web host.
FanboyStudios
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 10:15:18 AM »

I just got a new host...

My site is located at mockingjay.rpglink.in and is under development.

New account sign-ups are disabled for now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
35 Guests, 0 Users