• September 22, 2018, 03:47:31 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotGD Rewrite (Daenerys) Weekly Updates  (Read 31996 times)
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »

Thank you, Pharis.  You just said better what I was trying to say.  Eye candy should enhance the game without causing someone to need a monster PC to play it.  But these days, it seems to me...that the young want the monster eye candy and that is the only thing that qualifies something as a good game.  Storyline and pot mean nothing to the eye-candy addicts.

I agree an overhaul cpould be a very good thing...as long as it does not cause everyone who does not have and cannot afford a monster PC - to be unable to play it.

I am, as I said an old-schooler and I LIKE simplicity.  I am more interested in a game with an engaging storyline and plot...one which causes you to have to think things through and figure things out.  Eye candy is of no real importance to me.  It's nice if it can be added without causing people with older computers to be unable to play.

This is literally not happening here. You've been told this multiple times. I don't know why it's still being talked about? We're a think tank, not a complaints tank to complain about things that aren't even related to this game. Can I complain about Trump here? It's just as related.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:20:10 AM by Aeolus » Logged

pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »

I approve :-)
Eliwood
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »

Thanks for keeping working on the project. I've starred the project on GitHub to follow it. Maybe with a new design I can get younger players to have look at LoGD :-)

Is this an offer? Smiley I must admit that my web design skills are pretty limited, making the client not looking much different from the old layout.

Daenerys LotGD-Remake using PHP7 and a modern, headless approach.
pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »

I could offer some design skills as well, but i was in belief that daenerys should stay old school ?
Eliwood
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2018, 11:53:00 PM »

Old school in the sense of how it is played, yes, that is supposed to stay the same (scenes that you can navigate through with actions). This does not mean that it cannot be fancy looking (as in, design).

pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2018, 01:39:26 AM »

What style direction do youhave in mind ?i do corporate stuff at work but my heart belongs into the 16bit RPG and Fantasy styles. I could do smt over the weekend, its a nice thing to do to take a break from coding. Do you have some guidelines or can i download them somewhere ? ( github maybe ... are those ok ) ?
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2018, 05:48:25 AM »

If you're looking for better-designed layouts, I might suggest something like what my site (Fandom Kingdom) uses. It is based on the already-released Slider template, but converted and edited to PHP instead of just pure HTML, to make it more dynamic.

pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »

can the old layouts be used with the new daenerys ?

@Aeolus : i have checked fandomkingdom before, there is a lot going on in that template :-D .
I think it does not match a fantasy setting , but then again, i don't know the Gameplay in your site, maybe its less of a fantasy thing.

I would be glad to try my luck for a skin for daenerys with a JRPG / RPG theme, and maybe for the old LOTG. There are a couple of impressive skins out there, like the one at https://www.atrahor.de/ .

Ill see if i can put some time aside :-D

austenmc
Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2018, 08:25:48 AM »

Old skins will not work on Daenerys Sad.

I was thinking something more modern/clean like this, but Im no designer: https://imgur.com/a/VoviOdV

We'd love input and designs, but I wouldnt spend your time on CSS---just mock something up in Sketch etc. so you dont have to worry about templates.
pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »

That is not very RPG-ish :-) rather a business / blog / twine design i guess .

Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »

Plain white and black? That would definitely fit a fantasy theme, if the fantasy is of people joining. I would say that most people like detailed themes.

Eliwood
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »

Plain white and black? That would definitely fit a fantasy theme, if the fantasy is of people joining. I would say that most people like detailed themes.

*laughing*

While I was also thinking about something not-that-optically-busy, a black and white theme (at a default one) is weird.

I could imagine a default template where the classic "character stats" looks completely different. For example, the character stats could be at the top / bottom instead with the avatar prominently displayed, and the border is the health bar.

We really love suggestions of any kind! But I agree with austen, a mock-up (or screen shot) is good.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
43 Guests, 0 Users