• June 16, 2019, 06:37:33 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What modules do you grab first?  (Read 4867 times)
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »

What are some modules that everyone grabs when starting a new project, or suggesting for a member to get when installing/writing up a new LotGD? I am just checking to make sure that I properly added all of the popular modules to my list of sorts.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
austenmc
Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:52:10 PM »

Do we have download stats off this site?

EDIT: yes there are. It would take a scraper it seems to aggregate them unless you did it by hand.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:53:49 PM by austenmc » Logged
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »

Do we have download stats off this site?

EDIT: yes there are. It would take a scraper it seems to aggregate them unless you did it by hand.

I am trying to get an understanding of what site owners actually believe, compared to what is actually shown. Just as an example, Arvex's Clan Departments is apparently much more popular than Oliver Brendel's Admin PvP Immunity. It seems that some of the statistics may actually be skewed from what everyone actually aims to grab initially. This may due to the downloads being accessible before the robots were taken care of.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon

Keysonx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:10 PM »

Also need to consider which ones were released first and so on.

There's a file you can grab called core modules. (As I'm sure you have) It basically sets you up with a good amount of them to mess around with. Due to that those are the most popular ones and the ones owners aim for first.

The best modules I think are the ones that aren't publicly released. Take Oliver's site for example. He has basically coded or edited over 75% of the site with about 97% of it not being out in the public. I actually go on his site a lot and some of the stuff he has on there is pretty sweet. I'm sure it's like that on other sites too.
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:10 PM »

Also need to consider which ones were released first and so on.

There's a file you can grab called core modules. (As I'm sure you have) It basically sets you up with a good amount of them to mess around with. Due to that those are the most popular ones and the ones owners aim for first.

The best modules I think are the ones that aren't publicly released. Take Oliver's site for example. He has basically coded or edited over 75% of the site with about 97% of it not being out in the public. I actually go on his site a lot and some of the stuff he has on there is pretty sweet. I'm sure it's like that on other sites too.
I do not know what site is his. I came to the community after he had already left. I am just trying to document the ones that everyone immediately thinks of, but I am sure that I have grabbed everything that someone would want. I am just trying to grab names so I can catelog past versions.

Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »

Attached is the folder of modules I instantly install on every new site. (Only the main modules, not the sub-folders, else it was too large.)

Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 01:10:25 AM »

Attached is the folder of modules I instantly install on every new site. (Only the main modules, not the sub-folders, else it was too large.)

You the real MVP, just so you know. Delivered exactly what I asked for, so thank you.

Nightborn
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 03:50:18 AM »

Just as an example, Arvex's Clan Departments is apparently much more popular than Oliver Brendel's Admin PvP Immunity.

Wink hehe

You should install nothing at first, plan what you want that server/theme to have.
Then grab modules as needed.

Dwellings, Marriage, Specialties, those are basics.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

You should install nothing at first, plan what you want that server/theme to have.

Not necessarily. There are always basic and administrative modules that admin will want on every site.

DarknessFalls
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 04:49:55 PM »

I tend to disagree. You should have your theme before anything else. Then you should figure out what modules you will want/need, and then install.

Modules that I first download?
Expbar
Healthbar
Auto-heal
Additional Bioinfos

Those are the four basics I start with, and then go from there.
Ami™
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »

I tend to disagree. You should have your theme before anything else. Then you should figure out what modules you will want/need, and then install.

Expbar
Healthbar
Auto-heal
Additional Bioinfos

ExpBar
Health
Friend List
Mail Options
Akasha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 03:32:36 AM »

Expbar
Healthbar
Auto-heal
Additional Bioinfos

ExpBar
Health
Friend List
Mail Options

I tend to grab the basic admin modules before anything else
Clan Modules
Dwellings

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia