• September 19, 2018, 01:55:07 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon's Breath  (Read 2973 times)
exoscoriae
Militia

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »

<figured it out>

removing post to prevent game spoilage.

the short of it is that a certain module requires the admin to create a specific buff in order for it to fully work.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:10:29 PM by exoscoriae » Logged
Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »

Is "Dragon Breath" a module? I haven't seen it in core before so unless you added a drink or a module, it would be quite difficult to will a drink into existence.

insert sympathy here

Message me!
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »

<figured it out>

removing post to prevent game spoilage.

the short of it is that a certain module requires the admin to create a specific buff in order for it to fully work.

Instead of editing your post to "figured it out", and removing the question... Keep the question, and post the "figured it out" post as a new post, as others may have the same question in the future, and for them, this thread is now useless.

exoscoriae
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »

I did that on purpose.  The question spelled out a very specific secret within a module.  There is no reason to ruin it here.  I can go back and repost the issue and the fix i found, but that puts the modules purpose at risk.

Or you can just delete the entire thread if your concerned about it being useless.

As it stands, I didn't get much help when i posted my question anyways.  I was pretty clear that I was asking how two things that seemed unrelated worked together, and inseead got a response about how "willing things into the game" is difficult.....  I get that you guys don't get a lot of new people around her, but come on....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:01:22 PM by exoscoriae » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »

I did that on purpose.  The question spelled out a very specific secret within a module.  There is no reason to ruin it here.  I can go back and repost the issue and the fix i found, but that puts the modules purpose at risk.

Or you can just delete the entire thread if your concerned about it being useless.

As it stands, I didn't get much help when i posted my question anyways.  I was pretty clear that I was asking how two things that seemed unrelated worked together, and inseead got a response about how "willing things into the game" is difficult.....  I get that you guys don't get a lot of new people around her, but come on....

You ask for specific details on how to fix a problem, when the very wording of your issue was vague at most, then complain when you get an equally vague answer.

You have no link to your site on DP, so no-one's going to visit your site just to steal the idea of some "secret module", which people are going to see in due time.

Just my two pence. Cheesy

exoscoriae
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »

The module in question was the additionaltattoos module, which is part of the core set.  So it's not like I'm dealing with some random overlooked module.  The fact that my particular server isn't linked has nothing to do with the question.  It affects anyone who has ever gone through the core modules and attempted to enable to additional tattoos.

Considering it is part of the core modules, I figured most of you would have dealt with this by now.  Thought process being, all it would take is someone saying, "<ahem> how do I get the such and such tattoo to work" to spark a specific response.  Obviously I was wrong, and those who chose to respond actually had zero idea about this un-accessible feature within the module.

So, here is the gist of it:
The module adds three new tattoos to the game, each with hidden requirements designed to encourage the end-user to experiment to find them.  So, from my point of view, the entire point of the module is secrecy in regards to how it works.  What fun is it if there is a printed list of exactly what the player has to do to earn them?

In this case, 2 of the tattoos can be obtained within the game by simply activating the module.  A third however is waiting for a specific buff name.  That buff name does not occur naturally within the game, which means the admin must create a mount or drink or some other means of assigning this specific buff name to the user.  If a user has this buff and meets another pre-req, then the tattoo is available.

When I posted my question, I kept it vague because otherwise anyone who googled the name of the tattoo would be led right to a page telling them exactly how to get it.  And looking back on my original wording, it was only vague to someone who wouldn't have been able to help.  Anyone with any experience with the module would have known exactly what I was talking about.

After seeing the helpfulness here, I decided to go through the php and see if I could find any clues.  That led to me figuring out that I had to create something in the game that assigned a buff with the specific name defined in the module.  Sure enough, as soon as I did that, it appeared within the game (as the other pre-req was already met).

I dislike the fact that I was attempting to preserve the fun of the module, and in turn got sarcastic replies and assumptions that I must be dealing with some dinky little module that no one cares about, when in fact it is a fairly well used one.  I've seen it active on most servers I have been to, so excuse me for thinking someone here might know something about it. 
Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 10:55:15 AM »

I wasn't sarcastic. From the limited information you gave, it became difficult to respond with anything but a vague "do it yourself" answer.

No with the post, check your if/case codes. I would split the code into 3 "if case 1" ect and make sure the variable you use for the admin mount/drink is incorporated into the actual drink. You might have mis-typed variables somewhere.

insert sympathy here

Message me!
exoscoriae
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »

there must be some intercommunication here. 

It works fine.  At this point there is no need to go and change anything. 

The problem was I knew the tattoo required a certain buff, and I couldn't figure out how the module expected the user to obtain that buff.

So I just made a drink that assigns a buff of the same name, and that worked. 

Basically, the module requires a buff that does not exist in the game, and so, for that tattoo to appear, the admin has to create a method for the user to obtain the buff. 

At this point, if a user has the original Dragon tattoo, enough DK's, and has the buff active (obtained by ordering the drink I created), then the DragonFire tattoo appears at petra's.  So if any other admins who are running the additionaltattoos.php module want that tattoo to be available, they need to create a drink or mount or something that gives the player a buff with the exact name the module is looking for.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:41 PM »

This does not seem to be working for me on my test server, running 1.1.2

I have the right tattoo.  I have the right buff.

It offers me the Dragon Tattoo again, not the fire-breather.

What gives??

What I am getting now...is the dragon tattoo still shows, not fire-breathing dragon.

And I DO have the dragon tattoo.  So that tat should not even show as available since I ALREADY have it...but it does.

The phoenix works properly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:44:50 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD