• July 19, 2019, 03:53:43 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiencing extreme lag  (Read 1697 times)
OrchidBear
Militia

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2013, 02:44:06 PM »

I was wondering if there was a way to reduce lag on my game. It's currently run on a VPS that I fully manage. I really have no idea why it's so sluggish - on the server there is currently 1 other (very small) website, and an IRC chat.. along with some IRC bots. The server has 2GB of RAM, and 2.5GB of vRam (swap). My RAM usage has never been more than 600MB (I've watched it while querying the server) so I don't understand what the issue is. Bandwidth is a non-issue (I'm allotted 500GB/mo, I've never even hit 10% of that).

Here is what I mean:
Code:
Slow Query (5.25s): UPDATE module_userprefs SET value='25133' WHERE modulename='timeplayed' AND setting='countedtime' AND userid='3'`n
Slow Query (23s): UPDATE module_userprefs SET value='1688' WHERE modulename='timeplayed' AND setting='countedhits' AND userid='3'`n
Slow Query (31.1s): UPDATE module_userprefs SET value='1381527207' WHERE modulename='timeplayed' AND setting='lastcountedhit' AND userid='3'`n
Slow Hook (59.35s): everyhit-loggedin - timeplayed`n
Slow Query (18.62s): UPDATE module_userprefs SET value='' WHERE modulename='ajaxcommentary' AND setting='location' AND userid='3'`n
Slow Hook (18.62s): everyheader - ajaxcommentary`n
You duck into a secret cave that few know about. Inside you are greeted by the sight of numerous scantily clad buxom women who wave palm fronds at you and offer to feed you grapes as you lounge on Greco-Roman couches draped with silk.

Slow Query (15.17s): UPDATE module_userprefs SET value='%2Fsuperuser.php%3Fc%3D180-163052' WHERE modulename='ajaxcommentary' AND setting='location' AND userid='3'`n
Slow Hook (15.17s): viewcommentaryheader - ajaxcommentary`n

Any ideas what could be causing it/how to fix it?

Edit: I know LoGD is a resource hog - however, I've given you my specs, so you see that it /should/ be able to host it fine. And this site is still in development, 3 characters, with a max of 2 active at one time. The only modules installed are the core mods, along with maybe 5 or 6 that I've downloaded (AJAX Commentary being one of them, but would that slow it down to a 59 second page load?)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:53:56 PM by Mel7x » Logged

I'm the little engine that could.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD