Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '$func['entity_fix']('\2')', to be a valid callback in /nfs/c01/h06/mnt/10927/domains/dragonprime.net/html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
INCOMPLETE INSTALL + FAILURE PROCESS..
DragonPrime - LoGD Resource Community
Welcome Guest
  • Good morning, Guest.
    Please log in, or register.
  • September 20, 2019, 03:26:31 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INCOMPLETE INSTALL + FAILURE PROCESS..  (Read 3797 times)
Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:33:16 AM »

I got a confusing problem that I tried to see if it has happened to anyone yet so there would be a solution yet I haven't seen yet so I am posting this topic. When i first downloaded the source and tried to install, i got the error involving the outdated php and having to change the code a bit to allow, which thanks to this post i found the solution. http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=12259.0   Now when I try to install... It says as should; "The game is not yet installed" and that I need to use the installer. I am using a "WAMPP" Server for now on LocalHost though the same issue occurs on my free-hosting so I know it isn't just for my WAMPP.

I click game installer, and it shows this; (Attachment 1), "Introduction"~

looks normal, BUT when I click to advance to the "License Agreement", I click it, and it reloads the page saying this; (attachment 2), That the GAME is SUCESSFULLY INSTALLED, YET when i click the "Login Screen" Button, it once more, takes me to "The game is not yet installed!" and it repeats over and over...and doesn't continue... I tried everything to access the next steps but it's not working...

Please can someone help or tell me what is wrong? Is it on my end or is it the source? I don't see why the install should not work, as I a long bit ago installed LotGD perfectly before, now its not working.

P.S~ I tried to add the attachments but having issues, will post them asap of the screenshots
Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »

(Attachment 1)
Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »

(Attachment 2)
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to your question, but I recommend instead of posting multiple times in a row, you can simply edit your original post. Wink

Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to your question, but I recommend instead of posting multiple times in a row, you can simply edit your original post. Wink

Sorry for that... I am new to forum posting and such, Didn't mean it as a hassle. And thanks for being honest of not having a solution.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:30 PM »

Are you installing from a freshly unpacked core archive, or using files previously installed elsewhere?

If there's a dbconnect.php file in your installation folder, you need to remove it before the installer will run right through.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »

Are you installing from a freshly unpacked core archive, or using files previously installed elsewhere?

If there's a dbconnect.php file in your installation folder, you need to remove it before the installer will run right through.

Thanks for the reply Talisman, I checked and made sure, there is no db.connect already, and I am yes using a fresh unpacked core archive that I got from http://dragonprime.net/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=41  here on this site. I unzipped the archives with 7-zip, and moved the main folder with all the content in it to my D:\wamp\www   as for the time I want to host it off of my own localhost. I really don't know why it's not working on that nor on my site that will do the same thing, http://dragonbound.x10.bz/Legacy_of_the_ShadowBlaze/installer.php   it just doesn't work..

Thanks for yours and everyone's time also Smiley

EDIT: Apache version 2.2.22
         php version: 5.4.3
         mysql version: 5.5.24

thats what i'm using for WAMPP  plus a few added extensions such as apc cache 3.1.9
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:09:05 AM by Korvita » Logged
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

It is possible that you are getting other errors but they have not shown up for whatever reason.  This thread has a couple of instances of people having a similar issue, and as I stated in one post there this behaviour is consistent with the session information not being properly saved/restored.

It sounds like you have already made the change from session_register() to session_start(), but you may also need to make a change to lib/errorhandling.php as described in this post.

If this does fix the issue then I would have expected error messages (or warnings) to have arisen, though.  It is worth checking the page source beforehand to see if there are any warning messages at the top of it.

If none of the above helps, then please follow the instructions in this post and report back the results.
Korvia
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »

It is possible that you are getting other errors but they have not shown up for whatever reason.  This thread has a couple of instances of people having a similar issue, and as I stated in one post there this behaviour is consistent with the session information not being properly saved/restored.

It sounds like you have already made the change from session_register() to session_start(), but you may also need to make a change to lib/errorhandling.php as described in this post.

If this does fix the issue then I would have expected error messages (or warnings) to have arisen, though.  It is worth checking the page source beforehand to see if there are any warning messages at the top of it.

If none of the above helps, then please follow the instructions in this post and report back the results.

I've tried everything, checked my installer.php , commons.php, I fixed the errorhandling, made adjustments in other forum posts just so I could GET to the installer instead of errors, but yet still...No luck... Its really disheartening me as I have no idea what is wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
76 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search