• April 29, 2017, 10:28:25 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installed perfectly but won't let me log in  (Read 4609 times)
papabill
Militia

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

I installed the game step by step, and everything SAID it was o.k. (I have the entire routine typed out). However, when I try to log in, using the username that I entered and the password I entered, this is the response: Enter your name and password to enter the realm. Error, your login was incorrect.

I ran a previous version several years ago, and it did fine. What's the difference?

Thanks

I checked and the database (mysql-logd) did not create a character, or log me in as admin.

I rebuilt the database again and changed the name (mysql-dragon), but it still didn't create a character.

O.K., third try, and it still won't add information to the new database (mysql-logd). No character, no account at all.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:50:09 PM by papabill » Logged
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

Try using Advanced Search, and you might find some discussions of how people have solved this in the past (I've heard of it happening before).  Unfortunately the only solution that comes to mind at the moment is to delete your database and dbconnect.php, and try installing again.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
papabill
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »

Yeah, I've done that 4 times already. The thing that bothers me is that I set up a forum similar to this, and it worked perfectly. I'll look and see what I can find.

Thanks (for not telling me that I'm too dumb to run an online game.)
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »

I installed the game step by step, and everything SAID it was o.k. (I have the entire routine typed out). However, when I try to log in, using the username that I entered and the password I entered, this is the response: Enter your name and password to enter the realm. Error, your login was incorrect.

I ran a previous version several years ago, and it did fine. What's the difference?

Thanks

I checked and the database (mysql-logd) did not create a character, or log me in as admin.

I rebuilt the database again and changed the name (mysql-dragon), but it still didn't create a character.

O.K., third try, and it still won't add information to the new database (mysql-logd). No character, no account at all.

Thanks

Try making a character through the character creation. Still doesn't work? Then you may have a permission wrong in your SQL user. Does the game make multiple listings in other tables? Creatures for example, should have a lot of entries.

If your SQL user DOES have all the proper permission, then I am sure that it is just your SQL being ran in strict mode. Go ahead and go into your SQL management method and see if it is in strict. Smiley

Currently revamping the core for 7 and bringing back an open source wiki.
papabill
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »

Well, here we go again. I had to reformat my drive, and after I re-installed LOGD, again it won't let me log in.

I remember last time getting some help with setting the strict mode of MySQL to off, but cannot remember exactly how. I've modified the my.ini, by changing the statement
# Set the SQL mode to strict from

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

to

sql-mode=NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

but it hasn't worked. Ideas, anyone?

Thanks
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

I'm hoping this doesn't sound like an obvious answer, but have you tried using a different webhost?

TempestF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »

This is a great game, I still have a BBS that is running the original LORD, and look forward to running the LoGD as well.

Not sure if this was addressed and/or  fixed or not. I have run into the same issue.  After going thru the installer.php and getting the notice that it completed fine. I am unable to log in with the Admin username and password that I set.

I am running :
Apache 2.2.25 (Win32)
PHP 5.3.29
MySQL: 5.5.24

My work around:
Re run installer.php
After Stage #3, When you go to #4 Database Info, it should recognize Stages #4, 5, 6, and 7 have already been done.
Stage 8, select Clean Install.
Stage 9, select Recommended Modules, Save Module Settings.
Stage 10, Building Tables, all should be good.
Before continuing to Stage 11 Admin Accounts, Edit the logd_accounts table with either phpMyAdmin or MySQLWorkbench.
Any row that is set to Not Null, (except these: acctid, name, password, ctitle) Change to Allow Nulls.
Apply Changes.
Back to installer.php Stage 11
enter a name for superuser account, and password.
Create
Your superuser account has been created as Admin xxxxxxxx
If you do a Select * from logd.logd_accounts; you will see your new superuser.
Stage 12, Done
Back to logon screen.

When I logon with the superuser account, it works, and I get the "A little history about yourself. And  I get to choose which race I want to be, and skill etc.
Now I am able to get into the superuser grotto and make changes to the game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
48 Guests, 1 User