• December 11, 2017, 07:27:32 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GNU GPL For Dummies  (Read 9464 times)
Lord Vandal
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 01:52:13 AM »

What's anonymous. What's the difference. I didn't take the time to register. You can see I'm posting from the same source and from where. You can delete the whole thing if you want for all I care. But don't be scrapping me as some anonymous person that you can't tell I'm posting from a reputable source, please...

And believe me, he knows very well who I am as I stem him from causing trouble all the time.
strider
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 02:54:17 AM »

To answer your question mate, Anonymous is the very innuendo that you're issuing. Separate from your "forum registry", which in itself establishes a lack credibility to your actions. So, if there's an issue, specific mods should be named. I believe there's enough history within these forums and amongst the members of the forums that we'll be able to sift grain from garbage.

On a separate note: If you haven't registered with Dragonprime, it's naturally assumed that you're not really contributing with mods to the community. That fact will be weighed with others when ANYONE is setting a negative discourse.

Equally, you're probably downloading mods, and using them anonymously. It's a poor repayment to then jump on a forum of coders whose work you're using and begin to accuse others of being full of shite without citing factual example of where these subtle transgressions lie.

I have no intention to insult you, Lord Vandal, the fact that you've used the same handle every time you've posted and we can easily see your login info from an Admin's standpoint does lend some small measure of civility. But if you're often given the role of peacekeeper within your realms, you should respect the peace of others and serve the honorable recourses available to you.
Sneakabout
Captain of the Guard

Fear the Sneak!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 03:29:32 AM »

This thread isn't useful - we need to learn more of the circumstances in dispute from both sides, dispassionately and without any name-calling. Then we can maybe start to establish who is doing what here, and take action if necessary.

Mammon, you need to make it clear what your allegations are, probably best in a private message to a trusted arbiter.

Vandal, you need to register and make what you are saying clear, preferably through a message to a trusted arbiter as I said above. Arguments without facts damage all parties.

Admin on Central. Founder of the BAD Clan.
strider
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 02:40:11 PM »

I agree with Sneak on one point, and disagree on another.

This thread IS USEFUL for seeing how reactions to such an event should be and it also posts the limit of our endurance. What is the difference between senseless name calling and rebel-rousing as opposed to true defense of artistic and creative effort to further both self and community?

If nothing more, Talisman and I have both publicly stated our opinion on this matter and I think everyone agrees on the threshold of tolerance we should maintain.

- Now, I completely agree with your suggested resolutions m'dear sire. Both posters should consider them and if they want any further civil discourse with their mutual grievances, I hope they'll take your noble suggestions to heard, m'dear Sneak-a-Bout.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 02:40:45 PM by strider » Logged
Mammon
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 03:16:38 PM »

Wow... I go to sea for 2 weeks and come home to this?  too funny.  Note, Mr. Vandal, that I've not once dropped a name without first finding out what the proper actions are.  I'm not here to destroy a server, or smear a name.  I'm here to try to keep a programmer's intellectual property and hard work their own.  I'm not here to steal code, although I am here to keep an ear to the ground and learn what I can from other's questions.  I'm not here to steal any code.  I've put in a housing system based largely on that of DeathDragon, and most of the new races I've created are based on the code for felyne by SaucyWench, both who recieve full credit in the code.  I'll gather my notes and inform the respective authors, still without dropping the name to the public.  I was just inquiring to the proper actions at first, but the "fool" can thank his Admins for flaming me and throwing out false accusations in public for my taking the next step.

As the origional author of this thread, I'd like to have it locked, or deleted.  I won't sit here and be accused of everything under the sun for seeking information on something I didn't understand.

~Mammon

"Methinks thou doest protest too much"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 03:28:39 PM by Mammon » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
18 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search