• October 20, 2018, 06:18:45 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lays system  (Read 12110 times)
Rowne
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 06:24:46 AM »

The only thing that had me worried was the fact that originally this acted more like an 0.9.7 module than an 0.9.8 one (in regards to using the accounts table and the HoF patch) but now it uses a very clean system involving module prefs and hooks in the addnavs to HoF instead.

In other words, Hex made sure it won't break.  I can't see this causing any problems, myself.  He did good.

[Edit] I have come across one bug that really isn't a big deal, I just found it when testing.  It seems that when I set it not to show administrators, it took out some of my players too.  I think this is because either because some of my players have 'View Source' set (those who do are good friends who help me bug hunt) or because they have custom names.  For example, some of those that didn't show were from Lonny's Castle.  Such as 'Possessed [name]' and 'VillageIdiot [name]'.

I just thought I'd let you know anyway, I have a lot of custom stuff here so it might just be me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 06:36:43 AM by Rowne » Logged
Dannic
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 02:34:48 PM »

so is it just one file download now?  or still the three links in your original post?
Hex
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2004, 04:44:53 PM »

it's just the lays.zip, but it's advised to apply the patch to lovers.php else lays module isn't going to do any good.

as for people not showing up in the list.. a) they have to have at least 1 lay.  b) it's only checking for the superuser flag, so I guess if they don't show up on other parts of the HoF, they're not going to show up on the lays HoF.  I don't have nearly enough users with any lays yet to test this much further when I already have. unfortuantely, all the users on my test server have 'infinite days' so when I disable superusers on the hof display, I don't see anyone =/

I'll look at it a bit later and see if I can duplicate the problem.

and as for the question about if it will break or not, no.. I don't see why it would break, unless they're making huge changes to the way modules are setup. I don't see that happenening, however, because this way is working just fine <g>

hope that answers everyones questions...

oh, and thanks again for the praise about this module. =)
Rowne
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2004, 05:19:47 PM »

I'm thinking it might be that because said users have "View Source" set so the check used might debunk all superuser flags, no matter how insignificant.  Regardless, it's not that important anyway and not your fault regardless.  I just thought I'd mention it because like with all bug reports, it could be down to a typo, a missed call or somesuch that the author might want to fix.  One never knows but null persp, eh?

Anyway, you deserve the praise, this is shaping up to be nifty.

Also, I have an idea.  How about an 'event' which is triggered by a hook that checks the amount of lays?  For example, at a certain multiplier of lays, 50, 100 andsoforth, the player might be visited by some diety of charm would would offer them some related buff.

I got this idea from Princess Maker II where if you worked on her social skills then eventually she would be visited by this demon of charm who would buff, indeed, her charm.

So there's an idea if you're looking for directions to go next.
Hex
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2004, 09:35:44 PM »

I'm thinking it might be that because said users have "View Source" set so the check used might debunk all superuser flags, no matter how insignificant.  Regardless, it's not that important anyway and not your fault regardless.  I just thought I'd mention it because like with all bug reports, it could be down to a typo, a missed call or somesuch that the author might want to fix.  One never knows but null persp, eh?
View source shouldn't have any effect on the display, from what I understand.  Anyone know if that sets the superuser flag to 0? I didn't think it would, I thought options marked with the * (infinite days, etc) would do that. * = does not show up in core HoF, thought it might work the same. The only difference between my superuser flag and the core HoF, is I don't have $superusermask = SU_HIDE_FROM_LEADERBOARD; in there anywhere...  

I really don't know where to begin trying to find out what would be causing that problem, but I'll double check my sql code and see if maybe I typed something wrong..  you're sure those users have at least 1 lay? the way it's written, if the account is locked, the superuser flag is set (if you have the option enabled, of course), and lays = 0, you will not show up in the HoF. Otherwise, everyone should.

A thought...  what is your HoF limit set at in the module settings?

Also, I have an idea.  How about an 'event' which is triggered by a hook that checks the amount of lays?  For example, at a certain multiplier of lays, 50, 100 andsoforth, the player might be visited by some diety of charm would would offer them some related buff.

Certainly looking for new ideas. I'll look into coding something here in a bit after I'm done working. Maybe I can have something running by the time I get to sleep.
Rowne
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 02:20:37 AM »

I've tried setting the limit at 0, 40, 50 and 100 but it doesn't seem to have any effect.  Also, they have 3-5 lays.

No worries though, don't lose sleep over it.  It's honestly not a big deal.

Those new features will be fun though, it'll be funny surprising players with it.  Perhaps if you were looking to award the title 'Pimp [name]', it could be done in such an event as the best reward?
Hex
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 07:31:58 PM »

Rowne - do you have the 2.2 code? it already gives admin settable titles to players with X lays.
GenmaC
Codemeister

Coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 07:54:35 PM »

I woudl just like to congratulate you on this module.

Castle Siege - a work in progress
linuxcat
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »

While "The site is currently offline for techical issues." Can anyone explain what code I need to add to the lovers file so that I can make use of this mod?  I am wanting to add this to the Damsel In Distress and Marriage Expansion mods.

Thanks!
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »

While "The site is currently offline for techical issues." Can anyone explain what code I need to add to the lovers file so that I can make use of this mod?  I am wanting to add this to the Damsel In Distress and Marriage Expansion mods.

Thanks!

The links in the first post of this thread point to the old users folders, which will not be returned to service due to the antiquity of a lot of the files contained therein.  You can find all the files once located there in the site's Downloads area.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
linuxcat
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 07:54:45 PM »

If you will please forgive me if I am just blind, but I did look before I asked.  I downloaded the lays system module from the downloads section.  I do not see the lovers.diff file in any section.  The two sections that jumped out at me were:
Patches
Village Add-Ons

The Village Add-Ons has three Seth and Violet Lovers mods.  None appear to the be lays.diff by Hex.

If the files are gone are are not to return, then I will have to double my request that someone that has it explains what needs to be changed here, since the download is only half of the mod.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »

This should be the file here, then (attached).  We'll have to look at this one to see if it needs repackaging.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
linuxcat
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2006, 08:41:26 PM »

Thank you for both replies and the file I was looking for.
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »

The file you are looking for lays.diff was merely a text file explaining what you needed to edit in lovers module.  No longer is available in the download area unless Talisman can whip up some magic of some sort to find this lost file.  Yes, it should have been included in the .zip download but unfortunetly it wasnt.

Not just that, the lays module I noticed was also written in 2004 for the .098 versions ...which were terribly unstable!  Many changes in the code have been implented since then.  Keeping this in mind, it may behoove you to just ask an author to write a more current version of the lays module ...it really wouldnt be that hard to do, any competant coder could do it in a short period of time.

WereMagi
Militia

I like trains.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 02:42:15 AM »

I wonder if anyone had done as robert mentioned and made an update to the Lays System and not mention it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
112 Guests, 0 Users