• October 19, 2018, 06:45:13 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Map - Beta  (Read 28550 times)
PopeKetric
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2005, 09:36:28 AM »

I'm running v1.6g of this Module. A player reported to me that he could move outside the map and travel around the edge of it without being charged movement points.  then reenter the map. heh. So after looking at the mod, here is my solution.

Line 1151 reads..
Code:
if ($y + 1 <= $maxY && $x - 1 <= $maxX && $NWterrainCost <= $free){

change it to ..
Code:
if ($y + 1 <= $maxY && $x - 1 >= $minX && $NWterrainCost <= $free){

The problem with moving outside the map has to do with it's checks for Northeast and Northwest movement. I'm having the same problem here and will be trying to fix that part of the problem. It's annoying when your trying to find someone to kill in the wilderness and they are out in the black.
enderwiggin
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »

I contacted Aes by IM, and due to personal reasons, he lacks the time and motivation to continue working on this at present time and would like to see someone else pick up this project.
Berzerk
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2005, 02:18:11 AM »

Hey, someone seriously needs to pick up this mod and finish it, and for god's sake speed the dang thing up, it moves slower than molases in january and not just when your travling but the entire game moves slowly.

I've played on a World Map like mod for 9.7 called Travlemap And it added a major factor to the game having everyone running out and conquring orc camps or what ever was out in the world. Really I badly want this mod, and many of my members at my server came from the same place I was at befor it closed down and are begging me to get a world map in the game. Without it it feels like there is no world, just a few towns with local forests, You can create litteraly your own world and have your players go along it either walking from town to town (Or using a caravan or something for instant travel to and from cities), or to go out exploring and conquesting the world, or being conquered by a foe. heh heh heh

I'm no master with PHP, I'm only a basicl level able to get exsisting mods working and editing exsisting onesfor what ever reasons so this is way out of my powers to do. If I had a paypal account with money in it I would pay someone to do it even, however I don't got one nore do I expect to get one.

You can either just modify this exsisting version, convert and modify the old 9.7 Travelmap (if you can find it somewhere) or build from scratch. I don't care as long as you get one thats reliable and doesn't lag the crap out of the server.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2005, 02:20:05 AM »

Version 1.5 before 1.6 works great.
Doesn't have terrains tho.
Berzerk
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2005, 02:24:17 AM »

Well my problem with this right now is the fact you can't place the locations manualy, it has to be done via randomisation. and thats really annoying to me, (I'm sure theres a way to place specified locations in phpmyadmin however I can't seem to figure out how to find where this stuff is at and edit it to my liking. Shocked
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2005, 02:24:22 AM »

*notices the shackles on his wrists and obvious incentive*
 I'll get right on that.

That was no way to go about it.  on the serious note though, Aes seemed enthusiastic about this mod, has anyone tried to contact him?  hope he isn't pulling a dasher on us...speaking of which.. Huh

CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2005, 02:30:53 AM »

Aes seemed enthusiastic about this mod, has anyone tried to contact him?  hope he isn't pulling a dasher on us...speaking of which.. Huh
Look at this:
I contacted Aes by IM, and due to personal reasons, he lacks the time and motivation to continue working on this at present time and would like to see someone else pick up this project.
 Grin
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2005, 02:44:55 AM »

touche Senor Cortal.

CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2005, 05:10:05 AM »

touche Senor Cortal.
* CortalUX gets out his Rapier
* CortalUX yells "Have at him!
* CortalUX charges sitf00t4
* sixf00t4 just ignores CortalUX
* CortalUX is picked up by a forum moderator, placed in the marriage topic, and told to get on with it
Lightbringer
Codemeister

Life's a lich and then you don't die...damn unlife

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2005, 07:31:09 AM »

*Lightbringer chuckles at the display and grabs the module anyway - "Never know...myself and my coders might work it out lol"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 07:35:17 AM by Lightbringer » Logged

________________________ _____________________

Lightbringer
PHP/SQL/VB.NET/C#/AJAX Developer
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2005, 10:40:51 PM »

Development of this module has been taken over by Arune.  The thread may be picked up HERE

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
28 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search