• October 19, 2018, 08:01:18 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some changes to the inn  (Read 3325 times)
Zach
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:18:24 PM »

I had previously done a conversion of Seth's songs into a module and added some settings in the process. Then I thought (yes, I do understand the dangers of thinking) that maybe Cedriks potions could use some settings too. So now Cedriks potions are a module too. This isn't quite done because I want to add a few things still, but it runs the same way the old one did.

Here are the links (seth too just because):
http://dragonprime.net/users/Zach/cedrikspotions.txt
http://dragonprime.net/users/Zach/inn.txt
http://dragonprime.net/users/Zach/seth.txt

Edit: Cedrik is now fixed. Really this time. I swear to it. I haven't done that much testing with it though so it might have a few bugs, but I really doubt it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 02:05:00 AM by Zach » Logged
Kendaer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »

Zach, posting the full text of inn.php is a really bad idea.

Anyone who uses yours stands a VERY good chance of blowing away any changes made to the core code after the time you made your copy to modify.

Also, the seth bit is part of the core now, though I did a small amount of rewrite on how you'd done a couple things and some of the strings which were poorly internationalized even in the original.

Anyway, I'll look at this as well, however there REALLY isn't a need to make everything in the world into a module Smiley

Zach
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »

Point taken. My arguement for the conversion to a module is that it allows for an admin with little understanding of PHP to change things around without having to go in and edit the code itself. Having things as settings makes this alot easier, even for someone who really knows PHP. I know that I would rather go into the superuser grotto and change a few settings then edit the code and then have to reinstall. And I did notice the addition of the Seth module to the corem but felt it would be easier to put it here then make someone go find it.
Kendaer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 09:13:21 PM »

Okay, I'm going through this now, and I will be adding it, after I fix it, to the core because it does make sense to split out.

However Zach, there is absolutely no way you tested this at all.

You were missing a global $session in the run handler, the form linked back to the inn and so you could never even buy potions.

You never stored off the random cost anywhere.

Basically a plethora of errors that even a mild amount of testing would have shown up.
Zach
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 12:35:22 AM »

* Zach smacks himslelf in the forehead.

Wow. Got me there. I suppose I was a little hastey in adding this to dragonprime. I got a little over-confident in my coding ability I guess. And you are right Kendaer, I didn't do much testing. It appeared to work, so I assumed it was doing what it was supposed to do. I've removed the links (on account of their brokeness) and I appologize for my hubris. It won't happen again. Also, thanks for fixing it Kendaer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
43 Guests, 0 Users