• December 12, 2017, 08:15:41 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff Application - Discussion Thread  (Read 9455 times)
president731
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 03:49:09 AM »

Even with Aeolus's modified version, we've found that if people filing apps use apostrophies in their apps, it tends to cause problems where the app won't submit properly. It'll get stuck on the review page, and all the apostrphies will have \ before them. Also, the app description won't display anywhere for the players trying to apply. Any way to fix this problem?

What have you tried?

We made no code changes. We downloaded, unzipped, uploaded to our server, installed, activated, filled in our questions and application description, and turned on apps. We immediately started having problems. Whenever anybody would try typing ' into their answers, the review page would show \' and wouldn't send until the apostrophies were removed. As I said, the description itself wouldn't show either, which we were hoping to at least put a warning not to use apostrphies after we discovered that problem.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:27 AM »

We made no code changes. We downloaded, unzipped, uploaded to our server, installed, activated, filled in our questions and application description, and turned on apps. We immediately started having problems. Whenever anybody would try typing ' into their answers, the review page would show \' and wouldn't send until the apostrophies were removed. As I said, the description itself wouldn't show either, which we were hoping to at least put a warning not to use apostrphies after we discovered that problem.

When I asked what have you tried, I mean what have you tried in the area of fixing these issues? A good start is finding an input somewhere on the site where if you enter an apostrophe, you won't get a backslash, and see how it's done there.

president731
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »

When I asked what have you tried, I mean what have you tried in the area of fixing these issues? A good start is finding an input somewhere on the site where if you enter an apostrophe, you won't get a backslash, and see how it's done there.

I'm guessing from notepad and the staff motd, I need to use stripslashes, though I'm not exactly sure how.
Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »

I might be mis reading this but take a look at the settings for the module in the grotto. I'm not sure if I was using this version or the one I modified but I recall messing up because of the settings. Alas, if you wish to disclose your site URL, I can take a look because your post was unclear to me.
--Ender

insert sympathy here

Message me!
Kendra
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »

I might be mis reading this but take a look at the settings for the module in the grotto. I'm not sure if I was using this version or the one I modified but I recall messing up because of the settings. Alas, if you wish to disclose your site URL, I can take a look because your post was unclear to me.
--Ender

We're running version 1.2.1. There is no setting that either of us can see that would fix this.
!Aiden
Captain of the Guard

Lacking..?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

--Ender

We're running version 1.2.1. There is no setting that either of us can see that would fix this.

Do you mean version 1.1.2? Not sure if you have forked and advanced the core into this 1.2.1 or not, if so that could be a big indication of why it's not functioning properly?

If you are running 1.1.2, I have tested this on both my test server and live server with no errors. So you may have another module which is causing an error? I guess if you are forked and using a updated core it goes to show why they mention playing with the core can be dangerous, I have had to have help on getting simplistic modules for 1.1.x to work properly on my forked version.
Kendra
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »

--Ender

Do you mean version 1.1.2? Not sure if you have forked and advanced the core into this 1.2.1 or not, if so that could be a big indication of why it's not functioning properly?

If you are running 1.1.2, I have tested this on both my test server and live server with no errors. So you may have another module which is causing an error? I guess if you are forked and using a updated core it goes to show why they mention playing with the core can be dangerous, I have had to have help on getting simplistic modules for 1.1.x to work properly on my forked version.

We are running 1.2.1 of the staff application and 1.1.2 of LotGD. We did not play with the core for this. The problem is that the ' does not work in answers. It shows up as /' and will not let the person submit it until the ' is removed. We know we need to use a stripslash, but we don't know where to insert the code.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:02:34 PM by euthalia » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
16 Guests, 1 User
Eliwood
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search