Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '$func['entity_fix']('\2')', to be a valid callback in /nfs/c01/h06/mnt/10927/domains/dragonprime.net/html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Wanted - Wiki Manager
DragonPrime - LoGD Resource Community
Welcome Guest
  • Good morning, Guest.
    Please log in, or register.
  • September 20, 2019, 02:46:08 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted - Wiki Manager  (Read 2387 times)
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:55:38 AM »

The DragonPedia Wiki is a living document, incomplete in many areas yet containing a large quantity of excellent reference material for admins and coders (and even players).  It has been added to over the years by various people, including a goodly number quietly performed contributions and formatting improvements by people like White Knight and others.

One of the challenges in maintaining and improving the Wiki is that it's 100% community driven.  When nobody adds anything, it doesn't grow.

What I would like to find is someone willing to assume responsibility of managing the DragonPedia.

Duties would include:
- recruiting community members to provide content
- coordinating volunteers on "projects", such as documenting all currently known races, etc
- monitoring content for accuracy, applicability, formatting and suitability
- enforcing common look and feel formatting throughout the wiki
- developing the formatting of pages, structure, hierarchy

While I'm sure some people would be willing to jump in with both feet, I would strongly prefer someone with a background to support the endeavor. 

Desired Qualifications:

- experience/expertise in Wiki editting features and functions
- a good knowledge of LoGD in general.  The more diverse the knowledge, the better
- organizational and planning skills to support focussed community efforts and wiki projects
- able to spend the time needed to perform coordination and monitoring functions

Now, I know we're all busy with many other facets of our lives, and anything that happens here in DragonPrime is completely volunteer driven.  I'm not expecting someone to spend long hours daily or weekly in this pursuit, although some time investment will obviously be required.

As Wiki improvement and participation gains momentum, some of the management functions can be distributed amongst the "qualified" contributors.

Although I would prefer one person, I will entertain two person "teams" willing to work together sharing the duty.

Please indicate your interest in this position by replying here or by PM and include as much information as you can addressing your Wiki experience/qualifications, vision for the wiki's development and why you would be the "ideal" candidate for the position.

Sorry, this is a volunteer position - no money, just the glory!

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
JollyGG
Mod God

Jolly Good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

I would volunteer, but I myself am still learning the Wiki formats and such. I'm learning at least, since my site has it's own wiki put up by Programmer16. I'd vote for him, but his college is chewing up most of his time. I'll at least try to help fill in some slots in there Smiley

EDIT***
Least I can help with some Smiley I already updated the Specialty Codes list to feature all the Specialties available on DragonPrime Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:13:15 AM by JollyGG » Logged

Senior Staff Coder to: RPGLink
Supporter of: Forbidden Realm and LotGD4Adults2.
Released Modules: Here
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:20 PM »

I'll help out, don't know if I want to be a manager though. I started to do a moduleinfo page for each module, but a page format wasn't agreed on and I forgot to follow it up. :-/

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
67 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search