• December 10, 2018, 04:08:00 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Install stops at stage 2  (Read 12228 times)
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:48 AM »

It looks very much like your session information is not being recorded.  Since you are using PHP5.3+, this could be related to the deprecation of the session functions.  It's probably worth trying the suggestion from this post and seeing if that alters anything.

You may also need to set the register_globals PHP flag to be true in your PHP configuration somehow.  I admit to being unclear on this point, since it is not necessary on my installation.  I am, however, mildly fortunate in that I am running PHP5.2.9, thus scraping in before the significant changes introduced in 5.3.
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »

You can see in the url that &stage=1, therefore $_GET['stage'] should exist, but it doesn't for some odd reason. Is there something in the PHP settings that can turn superglobals off?

I don't think enabling the deprecated register_globals will help in this matter.

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »

I don't think it can be that, Afkamm -- if $stage were not set, it would then be adjusted to zero.  What I believe is happening (and more print statements would probably confirm) is that $session['stagecompleted'] is not being saved/restored.  The result when $stage is greater than zero and the stagecompleted information is not present is to set both of those values to -1 at the end (and this is what we see happening).  Moreover, this seems to be the only way for the code to produce that result.

The $session array is created in common.php by calling session_register() and then making this a reference to $_SESSION['session'].  But since session_register() is deprecated as of PHP5.3+, problems arise.

(My comment about register_globals was due to a note on the PHP documentation for session_register(), but I'm not overly clear on how that all hangs together.)

rawfrijoles: I still suggest turning off the warnings about deprecated messages as in the other post.  You can also try the following:  In common.php, find the call to session_register():

Code:
session_register("session");

and change it to:

Code:
$_SESSION['session'] = $session;

However!  I absolutely haven't thought through this enough.  It superficially seems like the right replacement, but I could be horribly wrong.  Use with caution.
rawfrijoles
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »

Well, good news, everyone!  I had given up for a while until I came back and tried again this morning.  I went through it like a breeze.  Thanks for the help.
tnyguy
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »

I don't think it can be that, Afkamm -- if $stage were not set, it would then be adjusted to zero.  What I believe is happening (and more print statements would probably confirm) is that $session['stagecompleted'] is not being saved/restored.  The result when $stage is greater than zero and the stagecompleted information is not present is to set both of those values to -1 at the end (and this is what we see happening).  Moreover, this seems to be the only way for the code to produce that result.

The $session array is created in common.php by calling session_register() and then making this a reference to $_SESSION['session'].  But since session_register() is deprecated as of PHP5.3+, problems arise.

(My comment about register_globals was due to a note on the PHP documentation for session_register(), but I'm not overly clear on how that all hangs together.)

rawfrijoles: I still suggest turning off the warnings about deprecated messages as in the other post.  You can also try the following:  In common.php, find the call to session_register():

Code:
session_register("session");

and change it to:

Code:
$_SESSION['session'] = $session;

However!  I absolutely haven't thought through this enough.  It superficially seems like the right replacement, but I could be horribly wrong.  Use with caution.

I have the same problem hosted on x10 Hosting, and this last fix with session in common.php didn't change anything.
Maverick
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 05:14:06 AM »

Rah, rah.

http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=12059.0
Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 05:42:11 AM »

Files already edited.
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=12059.msg104210#msg104210

insert sympathy here

Message me!
tnyguy
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »

Thanks guy's for all the wonderful info. Up and running again after Two years.  Grin Yipeeeee!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
48 Guests, 1 User
Fanster
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search