• October 23, 2014, 06:01:41 AM
Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
IRC Channels
Search

Poll
Question: What do you think of this module?
Excellent - 3 (100%)
Good - 0 (0%)
Average - 0 (0%)
Bad - 0 (0%)
Poor - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City Guards v0.0.1  (Read 1574 times)
Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »

City Guards v0.0.1

City guards can be hired by the city leaders to protect those sleeping in their fields. When someone tries to PVP an offline player in a guarded city they will end up fighting the guard instead for that PVP turn. Exp and gold are still up for grabs if they win.

Requires the 'City Funds' module by Sixf00t4

The money in the fund is what's used to hire the guards. No money then no guards. Get your citizens to donate. Cheesy

The guard strength can be customised in the settings and there are 3 levels of guards depending on what the city can afford. There's also a setting to give each leader a bodyguard at no cost which is basically a buff that weakens the attacker.

If the alignment, jail or dag modules are installed, then there are settings for these to punish PVP attackers. Smiley

Feedback, comments, bugs welcome. Smiley

Zip attached.

Maverick
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

Just a suggestion.. Could you make this available to just all players? Make them pay a certain amount of gold (and/or Gems) And then they won't get PVPed in the fields.

Or, however many gold, gems they pay, they get x amount of protection from the City Guards.
LordChaos
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »

Nice module. Something that certainly adds more depth to PvP.

Just a suggestion.. Could you make this available to just all players? Make them pay a certain amount of gold (and/or Gems) And then they won't get PVPed in the fields.

Or, however many gold, gems they pay, they get x amount of protection from the City Guards.

Couldn't you just use the PvP Immunity module?
Costs nothing and is already available to use.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. - Zig Aiglar
Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »

Hmm, well I wrote this to specifically use the city funds as no modules do at the moment. I could make it so that only players who are citizens of the protected village have guard protection. At least that way they only get protection if they donate to their city funds.

If personal guards is something that people might want then I might just write that module. Smiley

Maverick
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »

Couldn't you just use the PvP Immunity module?
Costs nothing and is already available to use.

True, but some may want their game to have a little more t it than just free PvP Immunity. I mean, honestly, once you get going in a LoTGD, you eventually have millions.. or even billions of gold and gems and then nothing to spend it on.

Hmm, well I wrote this to specifically use the city funds as no modules do at the moment. I could make it so that only players who are citizens of the protected village have guard protection. At least that way they only get protection if they donate to their city funds.

If personal guards is something that people might want then I might just write that module. Smiley

Sounds great.. Maybe also, could try to base it on how many Dks they have. X amount of Dks = X amount to donate, to get protection. As I stated before, players with higher Dks, and players that have been playing for a long time, have an immense amount of Gold & Gems. So, they should pay more. ^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Who's Online
45 Guests, 0 Users
DragonPrime LoGD
Recent Topics
Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search