• July 19, 2019, 03:27:04 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MddHosting.com  (Read 3521 times)
grizzly

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »

I would just like to say that I have a reseller account with Mddhosting.com. I don't do any reselling, but, I have several sites that I am in the process of starting up, and for simplicity when it comes time to move one, I got a reseller account.

I have been around the hosting industry since I was 16 working as a support desk clerk until I was 18 and bought myself into a hosting company, until I was 21 and started my own company. I am now 23 and closed that company in August of this year simply because I wanted to get into the more offline IT side of things. But, like all addictions, I couldn't leave being a webmaster behind. Well, Mike at MDD Hosting is a great guy. I knew him from when I was running my own company. So, naturally, when it came time for me needing to host a project I gravitated towards him.

Obviously I'm slightly biased since I know him, but, the servers are top notch and I've yet to have ANY issues with it (minus hardware upgrades at off peak times with several days notice, if you can count that as a problem). The servers are powered by LiteSpeed. As such, PHP sites render 50% better (although, I have noticed all my PHP sites rendering almost twice as fast) than Apache servers that I ran. This is based on watching the stats on the bottom.

The hosting isn't the cheapest, as it's not oversold and as such not over loaded. Him and his guys keep a close watch on the server. And there is always someone monitoring the help desk, 24/7.

Personally, I'd recommend MDD Hosting.
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »

hmmm...a few observations:

You also don't provide any information regarding how LoGD runs on their various packages, which is really what we're interested in here.

Something else for people to consider is that this host is located in the US - many people in other countries may be better served by servers on their continents, although the host you've mentioned might work well for US users.

There is lengthy list of providers who are good but won't/don't support LoGD installs.  

Please ensure endorsements of any webspace provider is backed up with personal experience on their service (not just a week or a month of happiness) and comments on how LoGD runs on the webspace.

Not to mention I lean towards your post being a wee bit spammy since you only joined this site two days ago and are giving a glowing sales pitch for a webhost.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
grizzly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

Sorry Elessa if it appears to be spammy.

LoGD has only been on for a few days but I have yet to run into any issues. I've been using him for several months now. I actually have a reseller account that is custom. The reason for the reseller account is because I actually have several small projects I've launched as part of the Re:Grizzly Network (provided for domain verification purposes) If you look at planetwideforums.com (another one of my projects) you can see it handled 57 users on at the same time on a MyBB forum so there isn't any issues with server load going on. I need the separate cPanel accounts for when it's time to migrate one of my sites to their own servers, save time and take a lot less work.

Yes, the host is a US based host, so naturally US based residents would benefit from it, or a person that plans on having the majority of their users from the US. However, right now I'm living in Germany (army stationed here) and the load times for me for my pages are quite fast.

And being that I have been in the hosting industry for several years, I know how hard it is to get customers. Since there are thousands and thousands of hosts, I figured I'd mention him. As I said, it's powered by Litespeed which is designed for dynamic websites.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
92 Guests, 0 Users