• September 21, 2017, 12:31:17 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotGD Rewrite (Daenerys) Weekly Updates  (Read 18971 times)
austenmc
Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »

Thanks for the offer! Send me a message with your email and I'll add you to our slack channel.
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »

Daenerys (LotGD Rewrite) Not-So-Weekly Update 6/28/2016

Progress
@eliwood's finished a basic battle system, complete with buffs. He also put up a basic web version of the game, complete with GraphQL API for headless use. There's not much there yet, but we're making progress here.

I built a sample crate and wrote documentation on how the pieces of the system fit together. I also built a command line tool, daenerys, to help with administrative tasks, like installing new modules.

Heroes
No heroes this time around Sad. Still hoping for more community engagement. We've identified a number of starter tasks, some of which can be completed even by programming n00bs: https://github.com/lotgd/core/issues

Next Month's Goals
Get a basic game loop running inside the web interface, allowing a logged-in user to navigate through a world.

As always, you can check out the state of the world on github: http://github.com/lotgd/core

Humm, just had a look anf the stuff "easy for n00bs" does not seem easy.  If you come across something SUPER-EASY let me know.  I only know enough of this stuff to be dangerous.

I'm better at coding modules than at coding core stuff anyway.
Eliwood
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 01:45:32 AM »

Daenerys (LotGD Rewrite) Not-So-Weekly Update 09/13/2017

Progress
Sorry for the late update, we've been busy recently and code.lot.gd was offline for quite some while before we were able to complete version 0.3.0-alpha including modules.

The core and crate-graphql have now been updated to support custom action names (instead of automatically deriving the action just from scenes). This allows much more flexibility as presented in the new modules that we've released at the same time: A module to generate new days and one to allow gender selection upon new day! This lies the foundation for race and speciality selection later on.

List of modules
  • lotgd/module-village A basic module providing a default scene (the village scene)
  • lotgd/module-scene-bundle A module to extend the default village scene to showcase action directionalities
  • lotgd/module-new-day A module to provide a new day experience
  • lotgd/module-gender Allows gender selection upon new day without breaking the new day experience.

Heroes
The hall of heroes is collecting dust. Come join us! As always, there are
starter tasks, some of which can be completed even by programming n00bs:
https://github.com/lotgd/core/issues

There are also a few roles available if anyone wants one, some more accessible
than others:

• Server sysadmin for our DigitalOcean instances. We need someone to help set up a sandbox server to experiment with. You can choose your own RPG theme if you like! Smiley
  • Scene coder. Someone to help port over the key scenes (like village, inn, etc.)
    to our new formats.
  • Fantasy writer (non-techncial). Once we get the code done, we need to create a compelling story
    to attract players. I have some ideas but it would be helpful to have someone think about
    this more extensively, write up a story line, non-player characters, etc. Inspire us
    to finish the code!

Next Goals
The next mile stone is to create a module to support forest fights! We will keep you updated!

Daenerys LotGD-Remake using PHP7 and a modern, headless approach.
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 06:12:48 AM »

Seems as if fantasy writers, plural, could be a good idea here.  I'd be willing to be in a team of writers that bounce ideas off each other and make things mesh.
Don't know about others, but sometimes the best fantasy writing comes when you are inspired to it by others, and vice versa.
pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 12:48:20 PM »

@Nder' what kind of storytelling do you like ? darker sword and sorcery Style or rather heroic Lotr style ? Just wondering --
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
25 Guests, 0 Users