• October 22, 2017, 11:04:31 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Grab A Player Name Without ANY Title Info??  (Read 377 times)
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »

UPDATE: NEVER MIND...figured this one out by myself...see the answer below in case anyone else has this question!!

Is there a way?

If you cal for $session['user']['name'] - you get back a name with titke prepended (if they have a custome tite you get the name and custom title of course...

Now, I know you can call for $session['user']['login'] - but what cmes back then, is a name only - with no color codes if the player has set any.  And if they ever changed their name, it does not change the login  What I am trying to find is...where in the database is ONLY the name (with color codes) stored, and how does one call for that?

I am coding a module where I am allowing my players to have various people in the to be named after the...but I want to pull ONLY the name, with color codes, and with NO titke info whatsoever.

Is there a way to do this...and if so, how?

Not the end of the world if it can't be done, it just looks a little strange if a player encounters their own self...I wanted to come up with a way where, for those players, the name would come uo something else, so that they do not appear to e talking to themselves.

As I mentioned, I coud cal for login...but that is not relliable as one can change name without changing login...and as login contains no color-code info.

THE ANSWER:

require_once("lib/names.php"); (put this in your run function at the top)

NOW, when you want to get the players BASENAME ( this is their name, with color codes and without any title info)

$plyrname = get_player_basename();

IT WORKS!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:42:02 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 07:43:37 AM »

THE ANSWER:

require_once("lib/names.php"); (put this in your run function at the top)

NOW, when you want to get the players BASENAME ( this is their name, with color codes and without any title info)

$plyrname = get_player_basename();

IT WORKS!!!

That's if you want to get the base name of the logged-in player only. If you want to get the base name of another player other than the logged-in one (e.g. making a list of multiple players), use the same function, but pass an array into it with the other player's name, title and custom title(/ctitle).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
21 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search